5 Players Game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
QC

5 Players Game

Post by QC »

With the artifact expansion (and more coming), I think we can include the possibility of more than 4 players. It's hard to form a table with so many people, but if we do, it would be fun (and chaotic). 6 or more people game may be a bit different, because of the 'far away player' thing, but I guess include the possibility of 5 people should be quite straight-forward.
Micah Stairs

Re: 5 Players Game

Post by Micah Stairs »

In theory, yes, we could add 5-player support. Do you think there's many people who would actually enjoy that? Personally I think the game plays best with 2 players.
pitdood

Post by pitdood »

QC wrote: 30 October 2022, 21:50 6 or more people game may be a bit different, because of the 'far away player' thing, but I guess include the possibility of 5 people should be quite straight-forward.
The far-away player rule would still apply to five players, as well. Technically, the opposite player in a 4 player game is also "far away".
Micah Stairs wrote: 12 November 2022, 22:36 Do you think there's many people who would actually enjoy that? Personally I think the game plays best with 2 players.
I think the game is definitely best with two, but I've personally also been embracing the chaos that Artifacts has brought.
I'm really not sure how much use it would get. I don't think anyone would want to play 5+ (or even really 4p) in person, largely because there's too much to keep track of. But BGA tracks all that stuff for you, so there may be interest. Certainly a much different game that way. My personal vote, FWIW, is add it if it's a minimal amount of work for you that is unlikely to break current code, and probably not worth it otherwise.
EpicDim

Post by EpicDim »

Our group loves 4 player in person with ALL the expansions. We would probably also enjoy 5 or 6 players.
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

It's probably worth me mentioning that on BGA, 97% of Innovation games are 2 player, 2% are 3 player, and 1% are 4 player. It probably goes without saying that there would be even less 5+ player games, so this is very low on our priority list.

Return to “Innovation”