Solo Automa questions/ cheating?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
T72on1

Re: Solo Automa questions/ cheating?

Post by T72on1 »

tinpan70 wrote: 15 November 2022, 22:31 Ooohhhhhh. Automa got advantage then. Makes sense now thanks. Makes it challenging but not a bad thing I guess. Trying to decide if like it enough to find a hardcopy. Growing on me. ;)
Just buy that hardcopy, you won't regret it! The physical version is beautiful. Gameplay is punishing, but very, very good, both in multiplayer and solo.
Rooster6975

Post by Rooster6975 »

It looks to me as if both Automa are taking 2 turns every time they should only be taking one. I copied this from the log (you need to read bottom up):

Automa II constructs a Powerhouse in P9_0
Automa II rotates the wheel
Automa II place 2
on the wheel
Automa II places 2 engineers on board
Automa II removes red contracts
Automa II places 1 engineers on board Contract Office

I am very unfamiliar with the game, we have only tried it once and had trouble figuring it out. I am trying to play a few Solo games to learn the game, but I don't think the above is allowed (I could be mistaken). Is that not 2 distinct turns? One to obtain a red contract, and a second to build a Powerhouse? The other automa is doing the same thing, obtained a yellow contract, then built a Powerhouse.

Thanks.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Rooster6975 wrote: 22 November 2022, 23:51 It looks to me as if both Automa are taking 2 turns every time they should only be taking one. I copied this from the log (you need to read bottom up):

Automa II constructs a Powerhouse in P9_0
Automa II rotates the wheel
Automa II place 2
on the wheel
Automa II places 2 engineers on board
Automa II removes red contracts
Automa II places 1 engineers on board Contract Office

I am very unfamiliar with the game, we have only tried it once and had trouble figuring it out. I am trying to play a few Solo games to learn the game, but I don't think the above is allowed (I could be mistaken). Is that not 2 distinct turns? One to obtain a red contract, and a second to build a Powerhouse? The other automa is doing the same thing, obtained a yellow contract, then built a Powerhouse.

Thanks.
No bug here, as previously explained in this thread already (and also in the rulebook). Some actions don't end the automa turn immediately (most actions do though).
Rooster6975

Post by Rooster6975 »

Thanks! I see from the rulebook that there is a separate Automa rulebook? I searched through the one which is available to DL, and it just mentions Automa once and indicates the Automa rules are explained in the Automa rulebook. I'll see if I can find it, tks.

Return to “Barrage”