Seeking Clarity - Kings can ‘fly’?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
MagpieMcGee

Seeking Clarity - Kings can ‘fly’?

Post by MagpieMcGee »

Hi there! I’m new to the game. I thought I knew how to play from when I was a child, but clearly I didn’t even realize there exist multiples variations! Lol

I was reviewing the overview in the ‘How To Play’ tab during my first match on here. Under the heading ‘GAME VARIANTS’, there was mention of whether a piece such as a king could ‘fly’ (according to each variant and conditions).

I am unclear as to what ‘fly’ could be referring to re: allowable moves in-match, and didn’t see an explanation as to what the term means anywhere else on that page.

While the term may be elucidated in the variant-specific PDFs (which are next in my reading list), it might be worth either:

A) Explaining what movement the term ‘fly’ is referring to within the ‘How to Play’ tab itself
or
B) Using a more clear term or description to describe the form of movement intended by use of the term ‘fly’ on the ‘How to Play’ tab
so that:
It may be possible for novices using this tab as an in-game reference to understand what is being communicated about permissible plays.

It says that the content for the ‘How to Play’ tab is generated from the Wiki, but as I’m unclear on what the rule is, I’m not knowledgable enough to make any such alterations myself.

Thanks for your consideration of this matter,
MagpieMcGee

Return to “Checkers”