Closed account after conceded game?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
yazavats

Closed account after conceded game?

Post by yazavats »

If someone has encountered this kind of thing before and can clue me in cause I've only been on BGA for a month or so.
I just had a game with a guy with an ELO of around 350. I'm around 200. We get to round 2, someone's on my door, I click on the "emergency, back in a few secs" message, leave and get back in 20 secs tops. The guy conceded the game. Okey doke. I quit too, the result screen shows up, the guy has 0 ELO and I only get +1. I don't care about free ELO, but what gives? I click on the guy's account and it just shows the "This player does not exist or closed their account" message. I doubt someone rage quit that hard because I was afk for 20 secs. Is it that I can't see his account because he blocked me? If so, it seems that's also an exploit against losing ELO on top of bad manners.
RicardoRix

Re: Closed account after conceded game?

Post by RicardoRix »

AFAIK it is what it says it is:
"This player does not exist or closed their account"

You can always red-thumb users you don't like to play with.
yazavats

Post by yazavats »

So the account vanished in the time it took me to answer the door? It could've been a smurf account, not that I can check that. But the reason I'm posting this is because if there is a way for people to quit games without losing ELO then there is an incentive for people to do so when the game isn't going well for them. Not that there's been much toxicity in this community in my experience so far. But I'm just curios if my suspicion of an exploit is correct, cause then it could be easily addressed.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

They'd lose ELO by conceding, it's like losing normally. But since the account disappeared, it now has 0 ELO and you can't see what would have happened.
yazavats

Post by yazavats »

Ok, I'm going about this in a roundabout way. All I'm asking then is whether the account is truly gone or if I just can't see it cause the guy blocked me?
If it's truly gone then I guess it was some guy smurfing around, getting to 350 ELO in a few wins, and then closing his account after he's had his fill or figured he won't win the next one. But if it wasn't a smurf, and some guy closed his longstanding account in the middle of a game with me because I went to get the door, then that's a bit strange.
yazavats

Post by yazavats »

I'll put a link to the game so someone else can click on his name and tell me if the account is gone for them as well. If not, then please tell me how much ELO he lost for conceding.

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=315569727
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Already checked before. Yes, the account is gone.
yazavats

Post by yazavats »

Thanks. Safe to assume it was a smurf then.

Return to “Res Arcana”