Scrollmap bug

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
xiongmao1298

Scrollmap bug

Post by xiongmao1298 »

There is a typo in scrollmap event handling setup for the down button.
At ly_studio.js:(1,900870):

e.query("#"+this.container_div.id+" .movedown").connect("onclick",this,"onMouseDown")

which is likely meant to be

e.query("#"+this.container_div.id+" .movedown").connect("onclick",this,"onMoveDown")
Een

Re: Scrollmap bug

Post by Een »

We want to handle the click event so it's indeed about the mouse event onMouseDown, and the scrollmap down button works, so it's all good. No typo here :)
xiongmao1298

Post by xiongmao1298 »

I believe why it works in some instances is because there are two sets of event handler setups:

$("movetop") && e.connect($("movetop"), "onclick", this, "onMoveTop");
$("moveleft") && e.connect($("moveleft"), "onclick", this, "onMoveLeft");
$("moveright") && e.connect($("moveright"), "onclick", this, "onMoveRight");
$("movedown") && e.connect($("movedown"), "onclick", this, "onMoveDown");

e.query("#" + this.container_div.id + " .movetop").connect("onclick", this, "onMoveTop").style("cursor", "pointer");
e.query("#" + this.container_div.id + " .movedown").connect("onclick", this, "onMouseDown").style("cursor", "pointer");
e.query("#" + this.container_div.id + " .moveleft").connect("onclick", this, "onMoveLeft").style("cursor", "pointer");
e.query("#" + this.container_div.id + " .moveright").connect("onclick", this, "onMoveRight").style("cursor", "pointer")

In the first case, the correct onMoveDown event handler is called which does a scroll by a fixed amount and prevents bubbling up to the handler that causes mouse move scrolling as expected. But when the second set ends up being used (which happens in some alpha games like Rallyman Dirt or Nova Luna), pressing the down arrow ends up calling onMouseDown instead, after which the maps keeps scrolling on mouse move, since there's no corresponding call to onMouseUp being made.

Granted, I don't have access to developer docs, so maybe they didn't setup the scrollmap properly, but the intent in the implementation appeared to be quite clear. :)
Een

Post by Een »

Thanks, I looked too quickly at your first post. I'll check this.
Een

Post by Een »

xiongmao1298 wrote: 09 November 2022, 15:28 Granted, I don't have access to developer docs, so maybe they didn't setup the scrollmap properly, but the intent in the implementation appeared to be quite clear. :)
Indeed quite clear that it's a mistake when looking at the code. Thanks for investigating this and providing a detailed breakdown.
This will be fixed with the next site release.
xiongmao1298

Post by xiongmao1298 »

Great, glad it helped! 👍
shadowphiar

Post by shadowphiar »

For what it's worth, this was already reported in https://studio.boardgamearena.com/bug?id=30
Een

Post by Een »

shadowphiar wrote: 11 November 2022, 21:54 For what it's worth, this was already reported in https://studio.boardgamearena.com/bug?id=30
Indeed. Thanks to you too then!
Een

Post by Een »

Deployed with today's release: viewtopic.php?p=126767#p126767

Return to “Developers”