Double Tap Screen

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
T0afer

Double Tap Screen

Post by T0afer »

Double tapping the screen should not override the confirm move button. I play on my phone a lot and its basically ruined multiple good games already. It's easy to touch the wrong spot, which is why I have the confirm move option on, but its also easy to accidentally double tap in the process of undoing the move before sending.

It's just not a particularly useful feature. If at all possible a change would be nice.
User Already Exists

Re: Double Tap Screen

Post by User Already Exists »

Thanks for the suggestion. For me, I find this feature useful because I find it more convenient to click the stone a second time, rather than having to move the mouse all the way over to the "confirm" button after each move. Also, the confirm action by clicking the stone a second time only works after the stone has finished flying in from the side, which takes about half a second. So a quick double tap should not confirm the stone. In addition, you must click exactly on the stone, not just anywhere on the board. I don't quite see how that can happen accidentally with any regularity while trying to undo a move.

Since some players are bound to like this feature and other players perhaps don't, one possibility would be to make it a user-configurable option.
User Already Exists

Post by User Already Exists »

Done. There is now a user preference "Click twice to confirm move" (in the Options tab under each game). The possible values are:
  • "Enabled". This is the default value, and is the same as the current behavior: both the "Confirm" button and clicking on the stone can be used to confirm the move.
  • "Disabled". Clicking on the stone is not possible; you must use the "Confirm" button.
Note: the option takes effect for the following move.
T0afer

Post by T0afer »

Thank you so much. I'll admit that I hadn't given desktop usage much consideration in my annoyance at a few misclicks on my phone, but this is a great solution.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Having played some games recently after not playing for a long long time.
I can say really good recent UI changes, nicely done!

I didn't see the issue with the double tap, but I guess it now works even better.

gg.

Return to “Hex”