I think I'm missing something obvious

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
katcrowder

I think I'm missing something obvious

Post by katcrowder »

Hi all,
I am struggling with identifying the costs for placing structures on the board, and I must be missing something obvious, because there aren't any suggestions for this on the bug board. The costs are printed on your board next to each structure row, but there is no tooltip and it's extremely tiny. I've looked around for tooltips under various conditions, but nothing seems to pop up, and knowing your costs is pretty much the basis for the game. I thought I'd just come here and ask, so someone could point out my obvious solution (other than ZOOOOM each time, please!).

Thanks!
Tisaac

Re: I think I'm missing something obvious

Post by Tisaac »

katcrowder wrote: 11 November 2022, 14:37 Hi all,
I am struggling with identifying the costs for placing structures on the board, and I must be missing something obvious, because there aren't any suggestions for this on the bug board. The costs are printed on your board next to each structure row, but there is no tooltip and it's extremely tiny. I've looked around for tooltips under various conditions, but nothing seems to pop up, and knowing your costs is pretty much the basis for the game. I thought I'd just come here and ask, so someone could point out my obvious solution (other than ZOOOOM each time, please!).

Thanks!
Nothing more to add. You can adjust the size of your board in the settings so just make it larger while you are learning the game. After a few plays it's actually very easy to remember the costs so you can probably just make the board smaller.
katcrowder

Re: I think I'm missing something obvious

Post by katcrowder »

Thank you, Tisaac! I've been playing it on-and-off turn based for a few months and the costs are not sticking with me. It probably doesn't help that my husband forgoes the names of the actual equipment and refers to them as "robots" and "frogs"! :D I've become so accustomed to the luxury of tooltips that it feels like a bug when they aren't there.

Return to “Barrage”