Map size suggestion

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Beginetienne

Map size suggestion

Post by Beginetienne »

I am on PC. Would it be possible to increase the size of the map container (DIV) to fit the game map? I find the scrolling of the map within the page not very practical. It does not make getting to the playmats at the bottom any more difficult.

I can change the height manually by using the browsers console (F12) so this is easy to test.

The added benefit of having the map 100% fitted, is that is allows easy screenshots like this:

gwgardner

Re: Map size suggestion

Post by gwgardner »

+1
The small size of the map area was difficult for me. Have played many hex-based war games in the past, and map viewability is of paramount importance for both playability and immersion.
Beginetienne

Re: Map size suggestion

Post by Beginetienne »

I agree with you gw. My brother dropped this game by conflating rules issues with the implementation and got frustrated. If you play USE, you have to deal with the BGA interface, complex rules and limits of your device at the same time. This is not easy. With that said, the implementation is great, I really want to be clear on this.

A game like this benefits from features you have in games like civilization, hearts of iron etc.

For example, looping through units with a keyboard shortcut etc.

But let's not get too excited. I only look what appears to be simple improvements.

So I would like to see a map that is easier to navigate and screenshot, simply by making the DIV bigger.

For now I do it manually with the browser console.

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”