List of rooms / floors

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
elfstone

List of rooms / floors

Post by elfstone »

Hi,
I just started my first Arena game with all expansions, and I'm totally lost. I only played the base game so far, so I don't know all the floors by heart.
Is there any kind of description on which room number contains which element? I know there is a (french) glossary at https://fr.doc.boardgamearena.com/Gameh ... ersonnages, but it doesn't have pictures.
A list of rooms which what they contain (and from which expansion it is, and the french and english name would be really helpful. Is something like this available anywhere?
I searched BGG, but didn't find anything.
T72on1

Re: List of rooms / floors

Post by T72on1 »

I'm not sure if there's a single resource for what you ask for. I quickly checked BGG and some expansions definitely have some information on terrain under files, but indeed not all of them. The glossary you linked to, also mentions which expansion a certain terrain type (or character / item, for that matter) belongs to. So you could probably find it all out in the end, if you don't immediately dive into full random intelligent games. Another way to find out about particular terrain types is to watch some 'how to play' videos for each expansion. They usually explain what each of the terrain types does.

If I were you, I wouldn't play full random intelligent mode here for now, as it's far too overwhelming, and you'll have a hard time letting everything sink in, let alone get better at the game. So in my opinion it's much better to play each expansion on it's own at least a few times here. Ideally a lot of times, but for the impatient people (like I am myself when there is new stuff to discover) a few games will already make a big difference.

I wouldn't mind setting up a game in training mode for each expansion seperately with you, and then walk you through the specifics of all the terrain types, but also some hints on characters and items. After that we can still decide if we actually play the game until the end or just uncover all the rooms and then leave the game, after my explanation is done.
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

elfstone wrote: 13 November 2022, 23:30 Hi, I just started my first Arena game with all expansions, and I'm totally lost.
Hi, DT takes a lot of time to be mastered.
The best advice I can give you is to play each expansion on Stand Alone mode first.

Once you you win some games in Base Game, you might open a new box !
In 3-4 Players, only rooms are different from base game. There are many walls and more fight is involved here...

Brand new stuff ? Start with Paladins & Dragons, where new elements and tokens are introduced... and of course meet your first Dragon !

Then, you may play Prison with many elements from Base game and an introduction to Range Attack.

Forces of Darkness is fun to be played alone too if you like Ghouls, Undead, Darkness & Holy Crosses !

Fire & Water is one of the hardest to master because of tokens like Magophage...
Fire & Blood are additional rooms with less walls...

Soon to be added is Mercenaries mainly focused on fiiiiiiights.
elfstone

Post by elfstone »

T72on1 wrote: 14 November 2022, 13:51 I wouldn't mind setting up a game in training mode for each expansion seperately with you, and then walk you through the specifics of all the terrain types, but also some hints on characters and items. After that we can still decide if we actually play the game until the end or just uncover all the rooms and then leave the game, after my explanation is done.
Whow - this is a great offer, I'd be happy to do that.
I think the fact, that there is no ressource, that combines that in one easy place is really sad, and if you can walk me through the different type of rooms, I think I'll write it down in the BGA-Wiki, so future players can reference it there.
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

elfstone wrote: 17 November 2022, 11:46 I think the fact, that there is no ressource, that combines that in one easy place is really sad, and if you can walk me through the different type of rooms, I think I'll write it down in the BGA-Wiki, so future players can reference it there.
There are some resources...
https://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/Gameh ... eontwister
https://fr.doc.boardgamearena.com/Gameh ... eontwister
Some can be found at BGG
Some can be found at FB International Dungeon Twister League:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412962 ... iles/files
Tilt

Post by Tilt »

Return to “Dungeon Twister”