Food conversion table

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
achalupka

Food conversion table

Post by achalupka »

I don't see any options to display the food conversion table. The game already has buttons to display the expedition loot, the ruby conversion table, etc. The food conversion table is easily one of the most important things to know, its annoying to go plowing through the rulebook to find it. In the physical game, the table is printed at the bottom of the player boards - I'm not sure why the developers cut that out.

Am I missing something obvious, or is the information just not there?

EDIT: Just noticed that this has been raised as a bug. I upvoted it, I suggest anyone else annoyed by this should also do the same.

https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=75495
KeithHendricks

Re: Food conversion table

Post by KeithHendricks »

When it’s your turn, you’ll find the food conversion table next to the arrange animals tab on the right side of the screen. It’s a double-sided arrow icon. Unlike the adventuring table and the score sheet in the upper left, there’s no way to display the food conversion table when it’s not your turn.
MasterMar

Post by MasterMar »

It’s partially shown when a player uses the office room (as the whole board must be shown), but otherwise it isn’t, so I agree with the suggestion and think it would be good to show somewhere.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

achalupka wrote: 14 November 2022, 16:41 I'm not sure why the developers cut that out.
Screen real estate !!! That's way too much space wasted to display it on each board.
KeithHendricks wrote: 14 November 2022, 18:31 When it’s your turn, you’ll find the food conversion table next to the arrange animals tab on the right side of the screen. It’s a double-sided arrow icon. Unlike the adventuring table and the score sheet in the upper left, there’s no way to display the food conversion table when it’s not your turn.
That's because this modal also contains exchange resulting from other building, so it's not a static information as the loots and ruby conversion.
achalupka

Post by achalupka »

Tisaac wrote: 15 November 2022, 00:10 Screen real estate !!! That's way too much space wasted to display it on each board.
Understood. The game is a beast on the table, you guys did a good job fitting everything in!

I'm just thinking that another button (similar to the ruby or expedition loot buttons) could be added to pull up this information quickly. I'm teaching some new players now, and its difficult to explain all the conversions in the chat window. I had to resort to using Google image search and posting a link to an image that shows the food conversions. Most players, especially new ones, will need that info early on so they can plan how to feed their people.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

achalupka wrote: 19 November 2022, 17:37
Tisaac wrote: 15 November 2022, 00:10 Screen real estate !!! That's way too much space wasted to display it on each board.
Understood. The game is a beast on the table, you guys did a good job fitting everything in!

I'm just thinking that another button (similar to the ruby or expedition loot buttons) could be added to pull up this information quickly. I'm teaching some new players now, and its difficult to explain all the conversions in the chat window. I had to resort to using Google image search and posting a link to an image that shows the food conversions. Most players, especially new ones, will need that info early on so they can plan how to feed their people.
Sounds like a good idea indeed, Can you please create a suggestion so that i wont forget about it ?
danielvictor

Post by danielvictor »

If you really want the info,it is in the rules.

Return to “Caverna”