Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Czochrun

How to remove pop up info "You may note something..."

Post by Czochrun »

Hi!
Is there any possibility to remove pop up window from top right corner "You may note something for the next time..."? Everytime I go to my table this pop up shows up. Everytime! I know that there is this icon. I know. I know. I know... I don't need this pop up... How to remove it? I know that it is appear for couple of seconds but I don't need it!
Jellby

Re: How to remove pop up info "You may note something..."

Post by Jellby »

In my experience, the popup only appears if you have written something. If the note is empty, it will just be the icon that you can open when/if you want it. Perhaps you have some spaces there?
Czochrun

Post by Czochrun »

No, it doesn't. I have opened something about 20-30 tables. Only in one game this pop up doesn't appeared. It's "Wingspan". In rest of my tables this pop up appears. I don't have any notes... So what's the rule about showing this pop up?
filjordan

Post by filjordan »

I have the same problem...
I make a move on a turn-based table, I look up to check scores or other statistics and the board is covered by that popup.
2 seconds, ok, but very annoying.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

You could probably remove it with some custom css on your preferences.

Most of the time, it's there for less time than it takes to load the game moves.

I think Jellby was referring to the note itself that only comes up if you have made some game notes, rather than the pop-up text.
FamousTheAardvark

Post by FamousTheAardvark »

Yes! This stupid pop up and the one that nags me to say that I don't need to click in the chat to use the chat. Well it's wrong! I usually click in the chat when just typing fails to open the chat. I don't need it smugly telling me I don't need to do that when I clearly do.
Brian Frog

Post by Brian Frog »

Agreed, I wish there was a way to turn this off. In my scenario, I'm playing on desktop browser and the pop-up covers my score after I've played / scored on a game. It's only a few seconds until disappears, but I want to know my score before I move onto next table. I wish there was a profile preference (or similar) to disable this pop-up.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

Brian Frog wrote: 08 February 2023, 21:19 Agreed, I wish there was a way to turn this off. In my scenario, I'm playing on desktop browser and the pop-up covers my score after I've played / scored on a game. It's only a few seconds until disappears, but I want to know my score before I move onto next table. I wish there was a profile preference (or similar) to disable this pop-up.
So this forum is where you find out if others have the same issue. Then one of you has to go create a bug report and post the link. Then anyone else with the issue can upvote, and perhaps one day BGA will fix it if enough people upvote it.

It seems there may be more hours of work than the volunteers have time/ energy/ ability to do. There are so many bugs that do much worse than annoy us, it may not get fixed in a very long time (if ever).

But BGA does not look to the forums to find things to fix. If you want to complain, ok. If you want to do something, create a bug report

Return to “Discussions”