Amerigo is now in alpha!

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Ilmion

Re: Amerigo is now in alpha!

Post by Ilmion »

GeraldineMerida wrote: 25 December 2022, 10:13
Ilmion wrote: 24 December 2022, 22:56 I think understand. When itbis your turn, you are presented with the action available to you, including the one you get for being on a color on the special track. When you select the special track action from those option, it is to only advance on the track.
No, I SHOULD have been presented with both possible actions, but was not.

Will open a bug for you.
This is by design, you will not be presented woith bot action at that point. I’ll try to explain better.
At the start of the turn, you arr presented with avery action possible to you. Suppose there is blue and white cube fallin from the tower. On the special track you are on red. The action presented will be « move ship », « plan » ans « special track ». The plan action is there because your are on the special track. If you take the « special track » action, this mean you what to advance on the special track. It will not presente to you the red action again.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

Ilmion wrote: 25 December 2022, 14:22
Ilmion wrote: 24 December 2022, 22:56 I think understand. When itbis your turn, you are presented with the action available to you, including the one you get for being on a color on the special track. When you select the special track action from those option, it is to only advance on the track.

Will open a bug for you.
This is by design, you will not be presented woith bot action at that point. I’ll try to explain better.
At the start of the turn, you arr presented with avery action possible to you. Suppose there is blue and white cube fallin from the tower. On the special track you are on red. The action presented will be « move ship », « plan » ans « special track ». The plan action is there because your are on the special track. If you take the « special track » action, this mean you what to advance on the special track. It will not presente to you the red action again.
I understand now, but that seems a very confusing design, since anyone who has played the physical game will consider planning (in the above example) to be a white special action. Why not design it so that 'plan' (in the example above) appears as one of the special track options instead, i.e. if I clicked on 'special track', I would then see 'advance on the track', 'plan' or 'pass' as my options?

At the very least, since it is quite confusing, there should be some undo or confirm button to avoid players missing an entire turn because they are trying to take an action at the wrong time for your design.
Ilmion

Post by Ilmion »

GeraldineMerida wrote: 26 December 2022, 09:31
Ilmion wrote: 25 December 2022, 14:22

Will open a bug for you.
I understand now, but that seems a very confusing design, since anyone who has played the physical game will consider planning (in the above example) to be a white special action. Why not design it so that 'plan' (in the example above) appears as one of the special track options instead, i.e. if I clicked on 'special track', I would then see 'advance on the track', 'plan' or 'pass' as my options?

At the very least, since it is quite confusing, there should be some undo or confirm button to avoid players missing an entire turn because they are trying to take an action at the wrong time for your design.
There is a Restart turn button present when you have to choise your special track advancement. And you can even add a turn confirmation step in the option. You will find them by clicking the gear icon.

The ways it go is, action choice then action resolution. The action choice are base on color of cube, progress token (green = red) and position on the special track.

You are the first to bring that up. I feel that this is something that a tutorial would absolutly make clear. But I’m planning a welcome screen and maybe I’ll add something about this in it.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

Thanks for telling me about the turn confirmation button. I hadn't seen it and that will help.

The problem with explaining your design choice in a tutorial is that people who already know the physical game (and are expecting to be able to take a special track action as a white cube action) are unlikely to play through the tutorial.
cdnkorean2

Post by cdnkorean2 »

Can I be added also? Thanks!
andykim88

Post by andykim88 »

Please add me to the reviewers list! :)
TravsPackPulls

Post by TravsPackPulls »

Could I join the playtest as well? Big Amerigo fan.
HoratioCaine

Post by HoratioCaine »

It has already been more than two months since you debuted in the alpha version, and you have yet to release it as a beta version?
Ilmion

Post by Ilmion »

HoratioCaine wrote: 02 February 2023, 14:23 It has already been more than two months since you debuted in the alpha version, and you have yet to release it as a beta version?
Alpha was realy helpful in finding bug and also great suggestions.
Even if the bugs are fixed and I have enough approval, I want to implement the suggestions before, so that I can benefit from the alpha testing with those.
guiparius

Post by guiparius »

Hi,
Is the beta in good way :) ? Looking forward to playing this great game. Thanks for implementing this version ;)

All the best

Return to “"Alpha" games”