New Post On Tichu Strategy

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
otiluke711

New Post On Tichu Strategy

Post by otiluke711 »

I wrote something on boardgamegeek concerning Tichu strategy to help others improve their game. So much information there.

If you find it helps and it’s more fun to discover the strategy of a game by yourself, don’t read it.

Otherwise, you might want to look at it…Feel free to agree or disagree.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/297022 ... n-bad-idea
deejinlondon

Re: New Post On Tichu Strategy

Post by deejinlondon »

There is certainly some merit to this point when one player has 4 or more of the strongest cards and keeps them all makes an easy Tichu but the pair only score 120 max to 80 points - a 40 point difference when having such strong cards is not satisfactory. There will be rounds in games when you have the majority of the strongest cards between you and your partner, and rounds when you have no more than one ace between you and your partner, in the rounds when you have the majority you have to maximize your points advantage over the opponents, and when you have the opposite try to keep the points deficit to a minimum. Not always easy, of course, but one player keeping 4+ of the strongest cards is not the best strategy.
deejinlondon

Post by deejinlondon »

I've just thought of a reasonably likely scenario and wondered what other players would pass to their partner, I know what I would pass to my partner.

In the scenario you have 3 aces, the dragon, and 2,2,3,4,6,7,8,Q,Q.
Which card would you pass your partner and why?
deejinlondon

Post by deejinlondon »

I've just thought of a reasonably likely scenario and wondered what other players would pass to their partner, I know what I would pass to my partner.

In the scenario you have 3 aces, the dragon, and 2,2,3,4,6,7,8,J,Q,Q.
Which card would you pass your partner and why?

Return to “Tichu”