MY CITY: An episodic game you can't watch on Netflix...

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

MY CITY: An episodic game you can't watch on Netflix...

Post by DrClick »

...but that you can play together!

My City is a competitive legacy game in which you develop a city on your own playing board through the ages.

The game consists of 24 episodes, beginning with the development of a city in its early preindustrial stages and progressing through industrialization. During each game, players customize their experience by adding elements to their personal boards and adding cards to the game. Players' choices and actions made during one session of gameplay carry over into the next session, creating a personalized gaming experience. Each game is different, depending on how you managed it and who you played with.

While the main game system experience is shining with the legacy system, there are options for people that want to play it as a more classic board game experience: a double-sided game board offers an alternate set-up for repeatable play.
So don't forget to setup your game settings!

You can experience this original piece of table top by clicking right here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=mycity

And remember that if you do not want to read the rules, there is a tutorial available for you!

Fortunately, thanks to the authorization from Dr Reiner Knizia, and the wonderful KOSMOS publishing team, you can enjoy it fully on Board Game Arena right now!

Prepare your friends for an epic 24 episode adventure, if you dare!
Thanks to the amazing work by Moof, developer of many outstanding games in here, you can play it peacefully online from your beloved web-enabled screens.
(Of course, it's also a very nice way to try the game before acquiring it for real, 'cause nothing is better than the good old table experience).

Let's dive in My City for this week. Next time, we will publish a game that a lot of you wanted.
A very rare kind on BGA.
It still plays on tables. Very large tables.
Can you guess it?

Anyway, see you next week,
Until then, take care and play fair!
Braithy Oz

Re: MY CITY: An episodic game you can't watch on Netflix...

Post by Braithy Oz »

Fantastic to see this game on BGA, well done and thank you all....
- AS for the game you are publishing that a lot of us wanted, not sure what to guess, do you mean a game going to alpha or one coming off Beta?
ivy_saurus

Post by ivy_saurus »

Oh, that's FANTASTIC! I own My City and have played out my boards already, so I'm thrilled to be able to play it even more :D
Mr_Magic

Post by Mr_Magic »

Can I please have some info on how Campaign mode works?

Doe it automatically start the next game with the same players? what happens if someone drops out?

Can I have multiple campaigns running. i.e. one with friends and one with strangers?
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

Braithy Oz wrote: 16 November 2022, 15:10do you mean a game going to alpha or one coming off Beta?
They always mean the game being released in full.
Typically that means going from Beta, but there have been exceptions.
Spence of Spades

Post by Spence of Spades »

Have never played this, might be giving it a try. To the developer, does MOOF rhyme with POOF, or WOOF?
masque2

Post by masque2 »

Wonderful implementation. With so many polyomino placement games on BGA, it always irked me that they all have a different way of manipulating and placing the tiles. So far, this is the best implementation of this, even surpassing A Feast for Odin, which itself is a mile better than everything else I have played.
Goof_

Post by Goof_ »

I wonder what the next game is going to be? Something people have wanted, that you need a large table for? I’m not sure which game from Alpha or Beta applies to that…
cimpr-campr

Post by cimpr-campr »

Caverna, I guess
knackeredgeezer

Post by knackeredgeezer »

Heads up. It's a legacy game, which had I know, I would never have played. I loathe legacy and am now stuck two games that last FOREVER

Return to “Official announcements [en]”