Expert Variant: Technology Tableau

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Shagoosty

Expert Variant: Technology Tableau

Post by Shagoosty »

Are there any plans on adding the expert variant?
Mogri

Re: Expert Variant: Technology Tableau

Post by Mogri »

The publisher has chosen to withhold the Expert Variant and the advanced faction boards. This is unlikely to change even if they greenlight the expansion for BGA.
Donnie1234

Post by Donnie1234 »

Does anyone know the reason for not including the expert version?
My friends preffer that variant and it's kinda sad not to play is here, too
Shagoosty

Post by Shagoosty »

Donnie1234 wrote: 03 December 2022, 15:54 Does anyone know the reason for not including the expert version?
My friends preffer that variant and it's kinda sad not to play is here, too
Likely to make the physical product more appealing.
Propaganda Panda

Post by Propaganda Panda »

Pretty sad. I like Beyond the Sun a lot, but without the expert variant, I don't see any reason to play the BGA adaptation at all, the base game is just an inferior version. Withholding content to make the physical version more appealing? A short-sighted decision imo. Plenty of players may try it out on BGA and be disappointed that the factions barely offer any asymmetry, discouraging them from purchasing the game.
Last edited by Propaganda Panda on 24 October 2023, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
Shagoosty

Post by Shagoosty »

It has nearly 150,000 plays on BGA and is ranked 83 on BGG. I think they're doing fine.
Patrick of the Isles

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

Propaganda Panda wrote: 16 October 2023, 03:09 Withholding content to make the physical version more appealing? A short-sighted decision imo.
I agree that it's irritating and borderline antisocial behavior in my view. I suggest writing to the publisher, seems fair for us to let them know that as a customer of many of their games we find their decision in this matter very off-putting.

Return to “Beyond the Sun”