DICE THEME PARK: Where dreams come from the dice.

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

DICE THEME PARK: Where dreams come from the dice.

Post by DrClick »

Dice Theme Park is a dice manipulation board game, all about creating and running your own park of fairground attractions.

In Dice Theme Park, you are the park managers, trying to create the most successful theme park in the area, by getting your customers on the most rides possible! The dice in the game represent the customers, with hex tiles representing the rides in your park. Employing a unique “Dice-cascade” mechanic once a customer has enjoyed a ride, their dice value is reduced, but they can still continue to enjoy more rides in the theme park until their value drops to 0 and they exit. This means the more efficiently you can move your dice around to activate the most rewarding rides, the more points and money you receive!

Dice Theme Park also features a card based turn initiative mechanic, decided by your special action role cards (with values 1-6), with players selecting two cards each turn. The lowest total will gain first choice of the customer dice draft and ride tiles that round. At the end of the round those cards will then be passed to the player on your left.

Dice Theme Park is more interactive and slightly more complex than Dice Hospital, so it is perfect for those looking for a more challenging experience with more ways to score and play, whilst still keeping that same engaging and satisfying feel every time it is played.

You can try your luck by following this link to the "main street" of our gamepages:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=dicethemepark

Of course, you can learn the game using the wonderful available tutorial, if you want, by clicking this link.

Nothing would have been possible without the huge work done by stefano, our developer, and we would love to thank him first for this very efficient version of the game, that plays beautifully from any device.
Of course, no games without publishers or game designers, and it is all thanks to the Alley Cat publishing team plus the game designers Adrian Adamescu and Daryl Andrews. You are all fantastic!

That's it for today's release!
We told you that Wednesday there should be a huge game coming.
But there's no reason to wait to play some of our 560+ other games available on the platform.
Until then, take care and play fair!
Abscond

Re: DICE THEME PARK: Where dreams come from the dice.

Post by Abscond »

It would be great to keep the theme park theme going and bring in Unfair to BGA :D
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

The cards and pieces are too small to be seen easily and needed to be completely redesigned. How could this be approved?
MakingUpNumbers

Post by MakingUpNumbers »

Have to say that the implementation is AWFUL. You're looking at the menus to make a selection, and it disappears as it refreshes for other players turns.

A very annoying experience.

Has put me off it, entirely.
AmassGamesYouTube

Post by AmassGamesYouTube »

It's worth releasing a game to get Flanders on it :)
Mohnkern

Post by Mohnkern »

I’m finding it unplayable. 9 times out of 10 when I click on an item it doesn’t select
lordmcfuzz

Post by lordmcfuzz »

wow this interface is rough. Things are hard to find and hard to use. I still don't even know where to find my opponent's admin. I have never seen a game released that did not have something written in the wiki page.
How did this get released? It was not ready for prime time. This should go back to beta or even alpha
Joseph2302

Post by Joseph2302 »

Why does the interface make you click 2 dice, then double click on of them to choose which one to move? So unintuitive, and the only way of knowing this is through the green outline changing to red. Considering that 1 in 12 men is red-green colour blind, it makes it impossible to play

And the tiles are really small and don't adjust to the screen size either. Haven't seen a new game on BGA with this much lack of adaptiveness for 5 years

In my opinion, this has been released too quickly, and don't know how it passed beta (or even alpha)
Emod

Post by Emod »

I've played a few games, some of them only partial games and I don't find it nearly as unplayable as some. There are bugs that I have found, mostly around mascots. Namely there are times when some mascot skills are not selectable, usually one of the first one or two skills you pick up. One that is repeatable is that the skill to convert dice color indicates that it is permanent but appears coded like Dice Hospital where it is only temporary.

I can't wait to see some of the fixes and play more. Thanks for the hard work Stefano.
OscarBricks

Post by OscarBricks »

Sorry, like some of the others, I don't think this is ready to go into beta. Please don't rush games to the front page, this needs a lot more time in the oven. Thanks for the work that has been put into the adaptation.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”