MEMOIR'44: One of the most popular wargames, now available on Board Game Arena!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Starhammer

Re: MEMOIR'44: One of the most popular wargames, now available on Board Game Arena!

Post by Starhammer »

Hi. Haven't been on BGA in a long time. Question: Is there a way to play solo against yourself?
Dragon76N

Re: MEMOIR'44: One of the most popular wargames, now available on Board Game Arena!

Post by Dragon76N »

Starhammer wrote: 25 November 2022, 21:52 Hi. Haven't been on BGA in a long time. Question: Is there a way to play solo against yourself?
If you have a Premium account, you can use "Invite A Friend" and select "Hot Seat" mode, which would allow you to give yourself a second name to play against.
KeLian05

Post by KeLian05 »

Hello guys !

To celebrate the launch of the game, Days of Wonder/Board Game Arena and the French Federation of Memoir'44 have decided to create an direct elimination tournament ! This will be played on selected scenarios designed by JDRommel, the most prolific scenarios author of all time.

Days of Wonder have kindly accepted to reward top players from the tournament ! :D

More informations here :
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 30#p127030
Ryan76

Post by Ryan76 »

This is so awesome! I liked the app, but I don't really play on Steam and never liked that you had to eventually buy gold to play more. Bringing M44 on BGA is a great addition, and I'm confident it will continue to get more support. Thank you!!
Starhammer

Post by Starhammer »

How do i reach/get 100 ELO? What is ELO?
sommergarten

Post by sommergarten »

Really? Aren't there enough wars happening right now around the world? And yet... another war game?
wilk321

Post by wilk321 »

This game has cool concept.
But the mechanics sucks as hell!!

1. You can have army on sides and got cards only for center
(if you got cards for type of unit that doesnt exist on that scenario - at least you can move 1 unit)

2. Rolls of dices are super unafair
(I just played a scenario where guy landed paratrooper between my 5 units.
He managed to kill 2 of them before I was able to kill him..)

So strategy is on the side - if you dont have luck for the cards and most important dices - its impossible to win
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

wilk321 wrote: 29 November 2022, 12:03 This game has cool concept.
But the mechanics sucks as hell!!

1. You can have army on sides and got cards only for center
(if you got cards for type of unit that doesnt exist on that scenario - at least you can move 1 unit)

2. Rolls of dices are super unafair
(I just played a scenario where guy landed paratrooper between my 5 units.
He managed to kill 2 of them before I was able to kill him..)

So strategy is on the side - if you dont have luck for the cards and most important dices - its impossible to win
If you'll allow me to defend my favorite boardgame... :)

1. The structure of the scenario decides the posibility, or not of moving units. It's really a crucial part of the game. I agree that some maps are really poorly structured - because they too often results in one or two cards deciding who wins. This is especially true for 4 medal maps, which unfortunately were many of the "basic" ones.

2. Again, one of the problems of maps with 4 medals is that one or two lucky rolls can decide everything before you get to react. But honestly, once you roll about 90+ dice for a game things even out.
As a general rule - don't expect your unit to survive more than 1 attack in the open and 2 in cover, then you won't be disappointed.

As for winning - you have to think of this game as you would poker or backgammon - it's clear that even the greatest player can't win all hands/games/scenarios.

And, when you learn that the game is mainly about controlling your cards, rather than the dice, you'll start winning more than you lose.
KaSaKlDemola

Post by KaSaKlDemola »

Undaunted next? :D

Return to “Official announcements [en]”