MEMOIR'44: One of the most popular wargames, now available on Board Game Arena!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
MrJG

Re: MEMOIR'44: One of the most popular wargames, now available on Board Game Arena!

Post by MrJG »

Just played (and won) my first Memoir '44 game at BGA.
One improvement found. The Dutch translation doesn't fit at some cards. Despite that... Great implementation!
Tisaac

Re: MEMOIR'44: One of the most popular wargames, now available on Board Game Arena!

Post by Tisaac »

57erniepyle wrote: 23 November 2022, 15:37 While I am pleased to have this excellent game on bga, your words about 'converting ingots to bga' is confusing. How can ingots be relevant on a free gaming site like bga? Hope this isn't the foot in the door for a pay to play approach to bga.
Memoir44 is a premium game for most part (except couple base scenarios), which means you won't be able to create new tables with these scenarios if you are not a premium member. Converting lingot means that the users will get premium access for M44 on BGA for a given period of time.
RiverWanderer

Post by RiverWanderer »

Thanks devs! Congrats on going live!

jeroenh wrote: 23 November 2022, 15:09 Thank you very much to the developers for bringing this game to release!

Let's celebrate by doing a grand tournament: https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=178455
Thanks for proposing this. I'm curious to see how tournament will work, as there are three scenario selection drop-downs. It is not clear to me how to - for example - set up a tournament for just one scenario to be played. Registered!
Acid_SNAKE

Post by Acid_SNAKE »

Thanks a lot for the work done by all the people involved!
Waddington

Post by Waddington »

Congrats to Tisaac, Vincent and all those who helped developing this amazing game to BGA.

I am happy for having participated during Alpha tests and I'm now eager to start a campaign and play a lot of scenarios.

Thank you !
jeannedarc

Post by jeannedarc »

57erniepyle wrote: 23 November 2022, 15:37 While I am pleased to have this excellent game on bga, your words about 'converting ingots to bga' is confusing. How can ingots be relevant on a free gaming site like bga? Hope this isn't the foot in the door for a pay to play approach to bga.
I believe this is only relevant to people who had bought ingots on the previous M44 platform, so that their money won't be lost, since now the game will be supported on BGA.
ViolentSilence

Post by ViolentSilence »

Really pleased to see this one added - I have a young relative who loves history and has the base game so this means we can play together even when not in the same room.

I know it'll be a long way down the line (presumably once all the scenarios available are added in), but I'd love to see if there could be a 'soldier's journey' mode added in, so you could play through all the battles in the game that a real life soldier was there for, so maybe if there was a soldier who was part of the Dunkirk evacuation, who was then transported to North Africa you'd get those scenarios. I know one of my relatives was in North Africa, but they never talked about their war experiences so I have no idea what they were involved in, so at some point I may research that and see if I can play the scenarios as a way to start learning about those battles, and maybe see if the Imperial War Museum has any letters home from soldiers who were involved in that.
snikkel111

Post by snikkel111 »

I've recently discovered this game IRL and am beyond excited that it's now available on BGA! Big thanks to the developers! :D
ya_pobedil_ofc

Post by ya_pobedil_ofc »

Thank you guys, amazing work! Please consider also a game Rococo, it's piece of art.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

I think this would be a lot better if looking at the cards in your hand , you would just see the upper part of the card in much larger
Text. You would only see the whole card in the tooltips. The print is just too small.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”