Grand opening by DoW - Memoir ’44 tournament on BGA (REGISTRATIONS CLOSED)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
KeLian05

Grand opening by DoW - Memoir ’44 tournament on BGA (REGISTRATIONS CLOSED)

Post by KeLian05 »

Hello everyone !

Days of Wonder, Board Game Arena and the French Federation of Memoir'44 have decided to start a tournament to celebrate the release of our favorite game on BGA ! :D

How will it work?

This will be a direct elimination tournament, up to 64 players. We will open up to 128 spots if more players wants to register ! You will have to play one match (2 ways) during each week.. as long as you win of course ! We will give an extra week during the Christmas holidays.

We will not be using BGA tournament mode, because this will not be a turn per turn tournament and we also don't want to force players to play at the same time each week. So this will be a REAL TIME tournament.

Every sunday at 9pm/21h00 (CET), scenario of the week and pairings will be posted on this forum on a new thread! You will then contact your opponent and book a date to play your match during the week. Once the game is done, you will post the result on the appropriate thread.

Player A vs Player B
Game 1 : A medals-B medals/A figures-B figures
Game 2 : A medals-B medals/A figuries-B figures
Player x won the game

If you have contacted your opponent and there is no answer to book your match, you can send me a private message and i will try to contacthim as well. Without answer from your opponent, you will win by forfeit.If both players cannot play their match, the top loser from the round (player with the most medals) will be call back to play the next round.

Tie breakers for your game :
- Number of medals
- then number of destroyed
- then number of objectives medals
If there is still a tie, match will be replayed.

Will there be rewards? How the scenarios are selected? How can i register for the tournament?

Days of Wonder will reward the top players from this tournament with some boxes and other prices.. But you will have to climb up to the top spots !

The scenarios are already selected and are all made by Jdrommel, official scenario designer from the FFM44. Scenario of the week will be announced every Sunday and you will need to play a game with "Scenario of the front" option enabled and go into the database to find the scenario.

To register, post a simple message "I'm in!" under this post..

Register will be open until Sunday 4th December (18:00/6pm CET), and tournament will start right after.

We hope that many players from across the globe will join us and have a fantastic time !
Last edited by KeLian05 on 08 December 2022, 13:54, edited 2 times in total.
CesareRaf

Re: Grand opening by DoW - Memoir ’44 tournament on BGA

Post by CesareRaf »

So cool! And I really like the fact it will be played in real-time thanks to self-arrangements by players and not in turn-based mode.

I am definitely in!
lucky91450

Post by lucky91450 »

I ´m in
Jocke

Post by Jocke »

I'm in
Nicotal

Post by Nicotal »