Hit rate statistic

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
rarehunter

Hit rate statistic

Post by rarehunter »

At the end of each game of Memoir 44, BGA generates a lot of helpful stats. However, I propose that a very important one is missing: the hit rate. In other words, out of all the dice that are rolled, which ones of them result in hits. We get a total number of infantry dice rolled, armor dice rolled, star dice rolled, etc. However, if I rolled 10 armor dice when I'm trying to hit infantry, that results in a hit rate of 0%. I would love to see that statistic included.
Du1in

Re: Hit rate statistic

Post by Du1in »

Agreed, such statistic was in the original Memoir44 online game and in the Steam version. Very useful to know when you screwed up and when you simply had a very unlucky game.
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

It's pretty simple to calculate your hit rate.
The formula goes like this:
A) If you won, your hit rate was 51%
B) If you lost, your hit rate was 1%

You can use the same method to calculate your opponent's hit rate:
A) He won, his hit rate was 99.9%
B) He lost, his hit rate was 99.9% - you won against all odds!
Songo

Post by Songo »

what value was actually displayed in the previous/steam version?

what I think would be a really nice overall value is, your deviation from the expected hit rate

say you are rolling against infantry, expected hit rate is 50%, so 0,5 hits per roll

but if its artillery then its only 1/6 per roll

(add flags when it would mean a hit due to no retreat

then you calculate your actual number of hits, and compare it to the excepted value, which is the sum of all those rolls during the game (:

it is easy to think you are getting lucky/unlucky, but having this at the end would be nice.
(of course an early hit is better and so on, but still, its a nice value to get, much more insightful than most of the ones currently displayed i think :p
agodd

Post by agodd »

rarehunter wrote: 27 November 2022, 04:20 At the end of each game of Memoir 44, BGA generates a lot of helpful stats. However, I propose that a very important one is missing: the hit rate. In other words, out of all the dice that are rolled, which ones of them result in hits. We get a total number of infantry dice rolled, armor dice rolled, star dice rolled, etc. However, if I rolled 10 armor dice when I'm trying to hit infantry, that results in a hit rate of 0%. I would love to see that statistic included.
I'd like it too
Du1in

Post by Du1in »

Songo wrote: 03 December 2022, 17:06 what value was actually displayed in the previous/steam version?
I think it was simply the percentage of a successful roll against a unit, so if you were attacking an infantry unit with 4 dices, managed to destroy 2 figures, then that would be 50% hit rate. It would show how many dices you rolled against which type of units (also useful knowing how many "shots" you manage to take), how many figures were destroyed and from that an easy percentage.
karluso

Post by karluso »

I agree that these statistics are needed!
TBGF

Post by TBGF »

This is my biggest request for M44 on BGA as well!
Yes, seeing the stats at the end about number of dice rolled is great. But what really matters most in whether you win or lose is what the Hit rate percentages are. I could have a very even number of die results between the die faces. However, if I'm just attacking infantry, armor results are a big miss.
I love this stat on the Days of Wonder M44 site and would love to see it here as well.

Return to “Memoir 44”