Frustration with judgemental gamers

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
RickBos

Frustration with judgemental gamers

Post by RickBos »

I enjoy playing Hanabi. Play with some who are better than me, some who are worse. I get messages from some trying to coach me, often with incomplete information. I typically cant play AND try to figure out which comments are referring to which actions.

Curses and insulting statements.

Its frustrating and annoying how seriously some people take this, and take out anger agsinst others not as good as them.

Can anyone join me on this topic?
Or share a perspective?
Shobu

Re: Frustration with judgemental gamers

Post by Shobu »

Check the Hanabi sub-forum, lots of similar threads
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

RickBos wrote: 27 November 2022, 23:40 Curses and insulting statements.
This is unacceptable behavior and needs to be reported or else they will just keep doing it.

After seeing many threads about this kind of behavior in cooperative games I'm now of the firm belief that they should only be played with people you know. All it takes is one jerk to ruin your experience and the table captain mentality seems to pervade these games.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Meeplelowda wrote: 28 November 2022, 09:27
This is unacceptable behavior and needs to be reported or else they will just keep doing it.

After seeing many threads about this kind of behavior in cooperative games I'm now of the firm belief that they should only be played with people you know. All it takes is one jerk to ruin your experience and the table captain mentality seems to pervade these games.
Agreed on all accounts.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Meeplelowda wrote: 28 November 2022, 09:27

Don't do a generality though.
Outside of Hanabi, I don't believe it's a problem on any other cooperative game (taged 'cooperative' ).
(not playing coop trick taking games: 2v2)

Usually if you play with people who got 100+ games, they would want you to understand the basics of conventions which I believe is only a problem on the crew, but the crew is really light in conventions.
In some others (forbidden island, burgle bros, solar storm, tranquillity, pandemic) that should be fine. If it's your first game, don't hesitate to ask for help OR create your own game, but if it's not, you should be enough good already if you get the rules.

Return to “Discussions”