Bingo

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Romain672

Bingo

Post by Romain672 »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =168435042

Do you score 25 or 30 every game? Do you want an extra challenge?
Here is the bingo for 4/5 players (but should work with 3 too). 5 or 6 suits.

Not only you need to score max, but you need to do all the objectives in one line, column, or diagonal.

Everyone see the grid. Everyone work to do one bingo. You can discuss before the game, but don't try to said 'we do X line' (or do it btw, maybe it's actively bad). You can do modification in the bingo during the game for globally known things (like color objectives succeded or objectives failed, replace some of the text in []). You of course, can't discuss during the game.

If you think it's impossible, you usually will do maybe 5 objectives in the whole grid with no or not much work, so will got many lines/columns/diagonals with 2 objectives done. You can then try to force 1 or 2 objectives you really want. And finally work a lot to do that last objective.
With hgroup, we did 7 games with it:
- one get a triple bingo
- one get one bingo
- one did 12objectives/25 with one line and one diagonal with 4objectives/5 :(
- four bombed out (but mainly because players weren't used to it)
So it's totally possible (but hard).

Note that the tasks were balanced around hgroup's conventions which is a set close from bga: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26863 but so some of them will require some blind plays in slots 2/3/4 which are really hard in bga.

Still in developpement. You can add your ideas in data page or pm me on bga.
Thanks for reading :)
Wreckage

Re: Bingo

Post by Wreckage »

This is interesting. When we had the old ‘’Wildcards’’ group, we had weird rules to abide by each week, like clue restrictions and such. One thing I didn’t realize was that some people were reluctant to try those rules because it would hurt their ELO. So, it’s worth mentioning that people can try this on training mode, with no effect on your ELO.

I like the creativity here, but I think this looks too busy for me to enjoy, with 25 rules all at once to be aware of.
Romain672

Re: Bingo

Post by Romain672 »

Hum good point.
The advantage to have many objectives, is that you can focus in one or two specific to you (like 'second clue must be green' ) or the current turn, and kinda forgets most others for the time being.
It can give you always something to do every turn.

But at the same time, what happen regularly is that you focus some of them which are really specific, forget the others, and after 10/20/30 turns, you look at the grid, and check the reamainings lines, columns and diagonals.
Which can I guess be improved.

The first idea I got is to reduce the grid to a 4x4 instead of an usual 5x5, which leave 16 tasks instead of 25 (-36%). Since I added some difficulty settings during the last days, that can be easily be done.
And to see if that's a good idea, I can try to think what would happen if you reduce it even further: 3x3. And that doesn't look bad neither. That would require some changes, but having 9 objectives in 3x3 doesn't look atrocious.

Return to “Hanabi”