Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Cos-

Re: New lobby (integrated to game page)

Post by Cos- »

sourisdudesert wrote: 14 December 2022, 15:09
How to enter the game chat before joining a game? I cannot find a DISCUSS button.
You do not have to click on Discuss anymore: the chat window opens automatically on bottom right. One click saved :)
That doesn't happen.

I asked this same question in this thread: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28691

Someone quoted your response here. Can you respond on that thread I linked for better visibility if we can figure this out? Maybe it's a bug.
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

If you close that "discuss" button, there is no way to open it again on that page.
Talzaroff

Post by Talzaroff »

dschingis27 wrote: 21 January 2023, 13:28
Talzaroff wrote: 21 January 2023, 13:11 I read something about an invitation link, but I can't find that anywhere in the lobby for the game that I made...
Click on an open seat on your table (the circle with a big "+" inside). In the pop-up that opens, it displays "Free seat" in a blue frame at the very top. Directly below that in the next line in a grey frame, it says "Invitation link".
Ahh, this is perfect! It was hidden quite far away though, but if you know it, it makes sense. The only thing that bugs me now is the text "Come play [Game X] for free with me: " before the URL. I'd rather just have the link copied to clipboard instead of adding that text automatically. If I need an invitation text, I'll write it myself in my own language (not English).

Thanks for telling me where to find the link. It would be an improvement if it was a bit easier to find ;)
Gulchen

Post by Gulchen »

Cos- wrote: 21 January 2023, 17:23
sourisdudesert wrote: 14 December 2022, 15:09
How to enter the game chat before joining a game? I cannot find a DISCUSS button.
You do not have to click on Discuss anymore: the chat window opens automatically on bottom right. One click saved :)
That doesn't happen.

I asked this same question in this thread: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28691

Someone quoted your response here. Can you respond on that thread I linked for better visibility if we can figure this out? Maybe it's a bug.
I just reported the bug: ​ https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=79791
CanuckEddie

Post by CanuckEddie »

So I want to try a new game turn based with my friends. But oops! I started adding them before switching to turn based.

Switching to turn based splits the request. I found that real time table later, waiting to be started. I didn't want that table any more. I was changing the setting of the game I wanted to create, not duplicating the request to do so.

This relates to the in game chat, as now having the table as I wanted, time to message the players. But I have two tabs now for game chat, for both the tables. Only want to know which is which is check the table # in the URL.

This was undesirable.
AaronYarbrough

Post by AaronYarbrough »

I can't get the voice chat to work in the new waiting room
CanuckEddie

Post by CanuckEddie »

Last weeks game night had many players - but not all - left on the game creation screen (which reset and blanked out) after the start of games. They had to go into the personal menu at the top right to find the table to join the rest of us. It is a weekly event to gripe, moan, and complain about this new interface - ....but I can't file a bug, as the experience is unpredictable or I am too stupid to predict it. I could not provide you with detailed reproduction steps.

I just rematched my long standing turn based game of Santorini and I noticed that when I click rematch, I get taken to a screen that I am ...just supposed to walk away from? Nothing to click, I need to wait for my partner to log on and accept the invitation. Its a weird experience that sits on top of all the other weird experiences.

Maybe we are all using the site "wrong", but I sure don't know what "right" is supposed to be.
Aramoro

Post by Aramoro »

phil_s_stein wrote: 13 January 2023, 18:41 I've been a BGA member since 2011. Never had any issues with the interface. The new lobby is just a mess. BGA needs to get out of the sunk-cost-fallacy trap and rethink this whole thing. I know you want constructive and specific criticism, but when given in this forum BGA seems to just ignore it.

It's time to give this one up guys.
I really fear it's not going to change. It's easily one of the worst, least intuitive designs I've ever had the misfortune of trying to use both professionally and personally. It's fundamentally doesn't work as it stops a lot of incredibly common use cases.

But as right now you don't need to use it because you can go in via Play Now to create tables in a sane way. My biggest fear is that they decide it's great and replace the 'Play Now' path with the new Lobby and essentially ruin the whole game creation experience.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

tabicat

Post by tabicat »

The new lobby is terrible. So many problems.

1) When a game starts, there is no way for me to go to that session until it's my turn. Clicking on the banner for the new session does nothing. I used to be able to go to the session before the game started. But now the session page is the same page as the game selection page. It's confusing.

2) The options always default to "real time", If I forget to switch it to turn-based, it's s real mess to cancel the game.

3) There's nothing stopping me from accidentally pressing the "Start" button several times and starting several new games, all with the same players.

I really wish BGA would listen to the feedback of their Premium members.

Return to “Discussions”