Re: New lobby (integrated to game page)

Post by sourisdudesert »

Update here !

viewtopic.php?t=28719
rgaiacs

Post by rgaiacs »

Hi,

Scenario: Alice has two friends: Bob and Eve. Alice wants to have a turn based match of Chess with Bob and Eve.

How can Alice host two turn based tables of the same game in the new interface?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

rgaiacs wrote: 13 January 2023, 14:46 Hi,

Scenario: Alice has two friends: Bob and Eve. Alice wants to have a turn based match of Chess with Bob and Eve.

How can Alice host two turn based tables of the same game in the new interface?
Thanks, this point is perfectly valid and not supported at now with the current lobby (ie: you have to wait Bob to join the first table to create another one).

You may have seen that we now allow to create additional turn-based table when you are searching random opponents for a first one: the good news is that this is also going to be the case in the situation you described.

In the meantime, we recommend you to continue to use old lobby (Manual mode) for this use case.
phil_s_stein

Post by phil_s_stein »

I've been a BGA member since 2011. Never had any issues with the interface. The new lobby is just a mess. BGA needs to get out of the sunk-cost-fallacy trap and rethink this whole thing. I know you want constructive and specific criticism, but when given in this forum BGA seems to just ignore it.

It's time to give this one up guys.
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Let’s try to stay constructive. Some of these comments are so negative that they are a waste of time to read.

I doubt that new players are confused by the old table page, once they get there. So, as I said in my last post, just getting them to the correct pages seems like it fixes the issues. This new page however is very confusing.

I know the answers to most of these questions, but each of these is more confusing to new players, not less confusing.
1. OH NO! I never expected to start a table!! Why am I joined to this table automatically when I just wanted to look at this game?
2. How do I quit? I’ll try “cancel” but “quit” would be clearer.
3. Why are there two sets of avatars that are exactly the same to show who's at this table?
4. On my PC, it is a full 12 inches from the top of the page to the player avatars, too much scrolling.
5. Where do I see other tables of this game?
6. Where is the list of available players?
7. How do I invite a player?
8. How do I expel a player?
9. Is it possible to chat with people at this table? If so, how?
10. Where do I see tables of other games I like?
Each of these is more confusing from this new page.
sourisdudesert wrote: 01 December 2022, 14:01 Well... at first, each time we introduced a new lobby during the past 12 years, people told us that the previous one was perfect while the new one was terrible. So we are not surprised :)
This feels like an assumption that what you're doing is right and so all the negative feedback means nothing because members just always complain. It means our opinions will be generally disregarded. I remember an old lobby where, at the end of a game, we could scroll down from our game results page into the lobby. That was great!! Maybe the feedback wasn't always wrong.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

New update! Starting multiple turn based tables + Smart Switch

viewtopic.php?p=132499#p132499
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

When I am invited to a game, but haven't accepted it yet, clicking on the table takes me to a page that I think might be this "new lobby"?
For example, this page https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... =338038474

If so, what I can't figure out is how to chat with the people at that table, without joining the game? In the past, I could chat at the table I'd been invited to, using the chat inset at bottom right. For example, if I couldn't join the game I'd been invited to, that was a good place to tell them why. But on this new page that started appearing recently, I can't find any way to do that.

Anyone know?

Or, if it doesn't work on this new page, is there a way to navigate to the old version of the page?
Talzaroff

Post by Talzaroff »

I loved the old interface, but it's not a bad thing to try and adjust to new things. However, I mostly play turn-based games with people from one or two community groups. I used to create tables for 5 or 6 different games in the old lobby, copy the urls of all the tables into one post on our community message page to allow other players to join my tables. It was perfect.
With the new lobby, I can't find the url for the tables I created because they're made in a different way? They're "searching for players" like they are realtime tables, not like it used to be.

Am I doing something wrong and is there an easy way to find the urls for turn-based tables I made? I read something about an invitation link, but I can't find that anywhere in the lobby for the game that I made...
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

What happens if you go to https://boardgamearena.com/gameinprogress ? Do you see your "new lobby" tables there?
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

Talzaroff wrote: 21 January 2023, 13:11 I read something about an invitation link, but I can't find that anywhere in the lobby for the game that I made...
Click on an open seat on your table (the circle with a big "+" inside). In the pop-up that opens, it displays "Free seat" in a blue frame at the very top. Directly below that in the next line in a grey frame, it says "Invitation link".

Return to “Discussions”