Ode to Turn-play

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Nappywars

Re: Ode to Turn-play

Post by Nappywars »

I don’t agree with your complaints.
Have you tried setting up a game (non-random)? I've been waiting all day. Have to admit, Waiting gives me a chance to learn new games. I've learned three new games so far. Bye for now M44...I give up.
Jeronimon

Post by Jeronimon »

Nappywars wrote: 20 January 2023, 09:25
Have you tried setting up a game (non-random)? I've been waiting all day. Have to admit, Waiting gives me a chance to learn new games. I've learned three new games so far. Bye for now M44...I give up.
What do you mean by “non random”?
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

Jeronimon wrote: 21 January 2023, 00:36
What do you mean by “non random”?
Think he means choosing a scenario instead of picking random..
I can see some of the thinking here Turn Based Arena play has caused some Face to Face play to drop because it seems easier to advance up the Arena ladder by playing 25 turn based games at once then to play 25 face to face games.
New non premium players only have 3 scenarios to play, and they are not the best, so they jump on Arena to play some different scenarios.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Wiking44 wrote: 21 January 2023, 02:45 New non premium players only have 3 scenarios to play, and they are not the best, so they jump on Arena to play some different scenarios.
Can two non-premium players get a premium scenario in Arena? Isn't that a loophole (that BGA may want to fix)?
PaskinsP

Post by PaskinsP »

Jellby wrote: 21 January 2023, 09:19
Wiking44 wrote: 21 January 2023, 02:45 New non premium players only have 3 scenarios to play, and they are not the best, so they jump on Arena to play some different scenarios.
Can two non-premium players get a premium scenario in Arena? Isn't that a loophole (that BGA may want to fix)?
I certainly hope that's the case! Arena has to be a level-playing ground.
harmonius

Post by harmonius »

If I understand right, you try to launch a game with a specific scenario and nobody come to accept the game.

All players just launch game with default parameters without really looking for open tables.

And with random for map, you wait for another player with same settings, right?

So that would be why players choosing map are left alone to wait.

What if there was another parameter for map? Something like "don't care", "let you choose". And with this one, you can be automatically matched with an open table with a specific map ?

I'm not sure all my guessing is right and maybe random already does it. I'm just proposing something that went through my head, hoping it can help.

Return to “Memoir 44”