Finding thinking_time for current turn

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
heuldoch

Finding thinking_time for current turn

Post by heuldoch »

Not a game development question, but someone here might know what I'm looking for.

I wrote a Discord bot to harass my friend when it's his turn - we play without time limits and sometimes he'll disappear for several days. It works by logging in as me and parsing the JSON in the /gameinprogress page. What I'd like to add is how long it's been his turn. I could timestamp this myself based on when his turn was first noticed, but it'd be much easier if BGA could just tell me.

The gamesinprogress page has some timed objects, but they don't add up right.
  • table_infos -> tables -> (table#) -> scheduled and -> gamestart are in seconds, but appear to be when a game was created and when the first turn was taken.
  • table_infos -> tables -> (table#) -> players -> (player#) -> think_seconds is non-null on a player's turn, but the value is their cumulative thinking time for the entire game.
  • Looking at a timed game, I don't think I see that info either.
Looking at the page for an active game, I couldn't find any useful time markers other than the occasional time in the turn log on the right side. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Return to “Developers”