This game sure dropped in popularity, huh?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Snowcrash000

This game sure dropped in popularity, huh?

Post by Snowcrash000 »

I remember just a few weeks ago you would find games for this within a minute. Now it's more like 3-5 minutes, such a shame...
Jegpeg

Re: This game sure dropped in popularity, huh?

Post by Jegpeg »

I found that the liited number of words made it less interesting after a while. After playing 20 or 30 games you have seen have the possible words and it is then MUCH easier to guess what it is.
Daisyjo

Post by Daisyjo »

Personally, I think it is because their are two types of players and the game options have not yet been set to provide gameplay that separates the two types of players. Until that is done, their will always be contention. Purists vs Casual players. It's just totally different.
mindbird

Post by mindbird »

Randomly:. It became more popular for me when I discovered selecting games via the Manual setting.

I think 5 player games are easier to get started, and duplicates are less frequent.

But " purists" ? The rules are what makes the game. If someone points out that my clue is illegal, it doesn't mean they are calling me an idiot and condemning my entire life. Nothing to get heated about.
aghagh

Post by aghagh »

I'm not surprised. Every game is released at some point and gets all the attention from the community. In the following weeks the hype is over as new games get released and some of the players decide they've played enough and move on to other games.

I think it will get more attention back after new languages get added, as not everyone is fluent enough to play in French or English.
Oen386

Post by Oen386 »

Jegpeg wrote: 05 December 2022, 02:29 After playing 20 or 30 games you have seen have the possible words and it is then MUCH easier to guess what it is.
This is the issue I think. Even after the third game myself and friends noticed a repetition of words. Once you've seen about half a dozen good hints for each word, it becomes much easier. The only lasting difficulty of the game are new players that might not know certain references.

Would definitely loves community word lists (with moderation) to keep every game fresh.
Snowcrash000

Post by Snowcrash000 »

Definitely getting worse every week, almost impossible to find games within a reasonable timeframe for this now. Such a shame...
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

Jegpeg wrote: 05 December 2022, 02:29 I found that the liited number of words made it less interesting after a while. After playing 20 or 30 games you have seen have the possible words and it is then MUCH easier to guess what it is.
This killed it for me.
Snowcrash000

Post by Snowcrash000 »

Looks like the game finally died completely. Pretty much impossible to find 7-player games anymore and even 4-player games, which aren't nearly as fun, are hard to come by.

RIP Just One, it was fun while it lasted :(.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

It is not fun to try to join Just One English games. I have played some great rounds and had fun, but I notice now that if anyone with a higher ELO drops and runs when lower ELO joins. After everyone has waited many minutes this is beyond frustrating and the others just leave.

I also think we are reaching saturation on how many games are available to play on BGA vs how many are online to play at a time.

Return to “Just One”