How to activate sapper ability?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
snotrabjorn

How to activate sapper ability?

Post by snotrabjorn »

I cannot find a way to activate sapper ability. Or maybe it's bugged.

I think once I was able to click on fortification tokens in the supply and it placed a token on the map, but I am not able to do that again. Sapper moves to the location without a fortification token and my only option is to end the turn. Am I doing something wrong?
tchobello

Re: How to activate sapper ability?

Post by tchobello »

hello,

There should be an halo around the Sapper, once he enters a Location, to activate his ability.
snotrabjorn

Post by snotrabjorn »

Thank you for the reply. I definitely haven't seen it in chrome on Android and Chrome on desktop. I paid attention to any changes in the interface. I'll try again during my next sapper move and also try the Firefox
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

I've tried to make a intuitive interface...

some likes it a lot.
snotrabjorn

Post by snotrabjorn »

Thanks for the implementation. After few more tries I think I just stumbled into a bug (or not?). I am not sure, I couldn't find in the rules if it's correct or not. Basically whenever I moved Sapper next to an existing fort, it highlights the possibility to attack that fort. But the halo for placing fort on the space I moved does not appear irregardless if I attack fort or not.
snotrabjorn

Post by snotrabjorn »

My previous assumption about attack was wrong. I tested in hot seat mode and I only was able to place fortification with sapper on the controllable location. Maybe this is the case? I didn't find anything in the rules about requirement to place fortification on controllable locations, but maybe it is how it supposed to be.

Return to “War Chest”