Doing an upgrade with builder bonus

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mousy

Doing an upgrade with builder bonus

Post by mousy »

I'm fairly new the GWT and in the middle of a game. I have just hired my 4th builder and received the builder bounus (place a building at a cost of 1 per builder). I would like to use the bonus to upgrade an exisitng 1-builder building to a 5-builder building. I have 6 money. The game will ony let me select the 4-builder buildings, although it still seems to allow me to place it on an exisitng building. Can anyone explain this to me?
KeithHendricks

Re: Doing an upgrade with builder bonus

Post by KeithHendricks »

Hi! I tried to find the game in your current games and can’t find one where you have more than two builders. Were you asking for another player?
mousy

Post by mousy »

I was posting for my own game, but I decided to make a different move. I'm sorry, I should have waited in case someone wanted to look at the game.
I would still like to know if it could be a bug or a misunderstanding of the rules on my part.
MasterMystery

Post by MasterMystery »

1 to 5 building =4 levels if you really only had 6 money it's not enough you need 8 (two per level)
Patrick of the Isles

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

mousy wrote: 07 December 2022, 19:14 I'm fairly new the GWT and in the middle of a game. I have just hired my 4th builder and received the builder bounus (place a building at a cost of 1 per builder). I would like to use the bonus to upgrade an exisitng 1-builder building to a 5-builder building. I have 6 money. The game will ony let me select the 4-builder buildings, although it still seems to allow me to place it on an exisitng building. Can anyone explain this to me?
Hi Mousy!

Glad you are getting into GWT - it's the best game I've ever played.

You understand the rules correctly - if you had six coins after purchasing your fourth builder, that would have been more than sufficient to upgrade four levels using the immediate benefit at the moment you hire. I've never experienced this issue before, and don't see it in the list of bugs, so I suspect it might have been a one-time hiccup? Do submit a report if you see it happen again though!
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

mousy wrote: 07 December 2022, 19:14 I'm fairly new the GWT and in the middle of a game. I have just hired my 4th builder and received the builder bounus (place a building at a cost of 1 per builder). I would like to use the bonus to upgrade an exisitng 1-builder building to a 5-builder building. I have 6 money. The game will ony let me select the 4-builder buildings, although it still seems to allow me to place it on an exisitng building. Can anyone explain this to me?
If I understand your description correctly, then is it possible that you'd clicked on an empty building space on the board? If so, then in that situation, the implementation would only allow you to choose from buildings that you could legally build on that space.

As a more general tip for when you're asking for help on the forums, specifying the relevant table number would go a long way to helping other posters to evaluate the game state and thus offer relevant advice to the situation. :-)
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
JoseT7

Post by JoseT7 »

Hi, just to rule out, did you check if the 6 coins you had were before or after you boght the builder?

Return to “Great Western Trail”