play order

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Elkasgas

play order

Post by Elkasgas »

I have a question about the play order, every time I join a 4p table I'm always the last one to play, no matter when I join the table (2nd, 3rd or 4th).
Can I do something about it? I didn't find anything in the settings for ex. It just seems unfair as I have the least choices at every game.
SwHawk

Re: play order

Post by SwHawk »

The playing order is chosen randomly when the game starts (ie when all players have accepted), so you get one chance in four to be last, first, second, or third for each game...
euklid314

Post by euklid314 »

I saw that you have 85 games. If you were last in all of them (I did not look) you should report it as a bug.
Elkasgas

Post by Elkasgas »

euklid314 wrote: 18 December 2022, 18:53 I saw that you have 85 games. If you were last in all of them (I did not look) you should report it as a bug.
Thank you, I think I was in all 4p games indeed. Hence my question, I will report it then. thanks again
thoun

Post by thoun »

You need to be sure of what you're claiming, and you'll need a lot of game to be sure it's not just a bad luck streak (that's usually what it is). Please check all your last games to have numbers to prove it, else your bug report will probably be ignored. And player order is handled by BGA, not by the game, so no need to report it as an Azul bug ;)
Silene

Post by Silene »

Elkasgas wrote: 19 December 2022, 11:56
euklid314 wrote: 18 December 2022, 18:53 I saw that you have 85 games. If you were last in all of them (I did not look) you should report it as a bug.
Thank you, I think I was in all 4p games indeed. Hence my question, I will report it then. thanks again
Indeed? I checked all your 4p games. Here's what I found: you played 21 4-player games. Your position in turn-order were these:

233344234324111143444 (sorted chronologically starting with your oldest game)

You were 4x first, 3x second, 6x third, 8x fourth.

You're using an interesting definition of "always". While at least it is true, that starting 4th happened more often than the other positions, this is a very small sample size, and what happened is nothing out of the ordinary. You cannot expect a very even distribution of all positions - Randomness doesn't work that way: it doesn't balance out.

This is another example of perception-bias and heavy exaggeration, that feeds into a weird randomness-conspiracy going on in some threads here...
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.

Return to “Azul”