Arena Turn Based Time Too Long

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
MagnusNygaard

Re: Arena Turn Based Time Too Long

Post by MagnusNygaard »

Well, I have to admit I'm a convert to turn-based play (at least when not playing tournament games - I much prefer tournament games be "live") - it allows for me to play even if I don't have lots of time.
Besides, I often play turn-based games almost the same way as I would a live one, if I notice my opponent is online and is responding quickly. Then I simply play it defact face2face.
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

MagnusNygaard wrote: 26 January 2023, 10:03 Well, I have to admit I'm a convert to turn-based play (at least when not playing tournament games - I much prefer tournament games be "live") - it allows for me to play even if I don't have lots of time.
Besides, I often play turn-based games almost the same way as I would a live one, if I notice my opponent is online and is responding quickly. Then I simply play it defact face2face.
But has anyone successfully had a fast turn based Arena game? I don't think so because it either does not work or players do not know or care what settings they have.
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

Wiking44 wrote: 26 January 2023, 16:02 (snip)
But has anyone successfully had a fast turn based Arena game? I don't think so because it either does not work or players do not know or care what settings they have.
I haven't. I did try to change the setting once, but I don't remember that I ever got a game.
Bonehead001

Post by Bonehead001 »

I've been waiting all day for a game. this is nothing like Days of Wonder site :cry:
Boo!
jeroenh

Post by jeroenh »

Wiking44 wrote: 25 January 2023, 15:11
Tisaac wrote: 25 January 2023, 07:54
Wiking44 wrote: 25 January 2023, 02:38 *BUMP*
I still think 2 days between turns is way too long...Needs to be shortened
Adding more games just adds to less face to face play and I think as time goes on with Memoir44 on BGA these things we have been discussing will be more relevant as players drop out
Time setting has nothing to do with arena, just setup the table time settings as for a regular game (or change your arena settings to make sure you only join faster turn based tables)
Has anyone been successful at creating a turn based Arena game with “fast” turn settings?
Yes, you can even set playing hours. Just tweak the settings. You can do that with the new interface using the slider, or the old interface with more different options.

Waiting time for the start of a new game can be somewhat longer, although I mostly get a new game within the 20 minutes.
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

***UPDATE***

I just managed to connect with 2 players on FAST turn based settings my settings are
I'm OK with Fast Turn from 24 -8 turns
I prefer not 4 moves
I'm reluctant on 3 moves
And NEVER for the rest of the settings

Now it took a long time to connect with someone but if more players tweak their settings there will be more fast turn based games available
Bonehead001

Post by Bonehead001 »

Now it took a long time to connect with someone but if more players tweak their settings there will be more fast turn based games available
This doesn't hold true for base game (non-Arena) players. Arena (Random) is all the rage. Good for BGA (It's in the name)!
Bonehead001

Post by Bonehead001 »

This is ridiculous! There is no such thing as - real-time base game. I will never get a game going! I give up!!! Best to Scrub it from the menu oppose to frustrating players, while trying to get in on a game.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I'm sorry to inform you that your troubles with finding players apply to most games on the site. There are almost 600 available games, and not enough active players to keep a supply of tables for all of them, and I guess it's worse for premium games. At least this is a 2-player game, try to find a real-time (or even turn-based) table for KQJ! (a 6-player-only game).
Last edited by Jellby on 29 January 2023, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

Jellby wrote: 29 January 2023, 08:57 I'm sorry to inform you that your troubles with finding players apply to for most games on the site. There are almost 600 available games, and not enough active players to keep a supply of tables for all of them, and I guess it's worse for premium games. At least this is a 2-player game, try to find a real-time (or even turn-based) table for KQJ! (a 6-player-only game).
Honestly that's the same problem IRL...

Return to “Memoir 44”