DINNER IN PARIS: The "Plat de résistance"

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

DINNER IN PARIS: The "Plat de résistance"

Post by DrClick »

Wouldn't it be lovely to spend a night in Paris?

The restaurant industry in Paris is buzzing after the inauguration of a new pedestrian square in a very popular district for Parisians and tourists from all around the globe. It is a golden opportunity for you, restaurant owners, to open one of the addresses that will contribute to the culinary diversity and the reputation of the French capital. However, there is not enough space for everyone and your opponents could throw a wrench in your gears!

How does it play?

On your turn, you draw a resource card, after which you perform 2 out of 4 possible actions:
1 – Draw an additional resource card -> You need these to open new restaurants
2 – Open a new restaurant -> Discard the required ingredients and place a new building on the board.
3 – Build terraces -> Spend your income by placing new terrace tiles on the board. When you cover a space with a pigeon you draw a pigeon card which gives you an extra benefit
4 – Complete an objective -> This can be a private objective, but also a common one from the board. Most of these objectives require you to build your terraces in certain ways or adjacent to decorations on the board.

At the end of the game players get points for their built restaurants and terraces, completed objectives (or minus points for incomplete ones), and also there are majority cards giving points in 3 different categories.

Open restaurants, build terraces, complete objectives, win majorities and score the most points to win the game!
And voila!

Curious? Click here for more informations about the game:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=dinnerinparis

Board Game Arena would love to thank the Funny Fox publishing team, as well as "The Trolls" who designed this sweet game.
Last but not least, let's celebrate the work done by Loenix34 for bringing this game to the platform!

That's it for today.
There's only a few more days until the end of the Winter Calendar, so don't forget to open your gifts.
Until next week, take care and play fair!
asd123321

Re: DINNER IN PARIS: The "Plat de résistance"

Post by asd123321 »

The various objective cards are too small to read and nothing there to help with that. Unplayable
AlexP

Post by AlexP »

Why is there an angry Ned Flanders on the cover?
BuckThunder

Post by BuckThunder »

asd123321 wrote: 19 December 2022, 17:03 The various objective cards are too small to read and nothing there to help with that. Unplayable
I get zoomed in versions of the objectives when i click on them in my game.
zntznt

Post by zntznt »

AlexP wrote: 19 December 2022, 20:21 Why is there an angry Ned Flanders on the cover?
He's having dinner in Paris
obikenobi1

Post by obikenobi1 »

Would it be possible to see the mats with the different restaurants in a zoomed up view? I was having to go back and forth between the rule book and the game just to see the costs to build the restaurants and what the benefits were from placing terraces down in that row. Without the zoom in feature, it is really hard to see what is going on and its a bit frustrating. Thanks for implementing this game to BGA tho! just a few minor tweaks would make it much more enjoyable.
LikaMicah1

Post by LikaMicah1 »

zntznt wrote: 20 December 2022, 06:09
AlexP wrote: 19 December 2022, 20:21 Why is there an angry Ned Flanders on the cover?
He's having dinner in Paris
You'd think that would be obvious
Czochrun

Post by Czochrun »

I started today the game and only one I can say that so far is the worst immplementation of the boardgame. Nothing to read, nothing to see. When I hover my cursor over card or my board nothing is displayed. Terrible! I hope it will be corrected soon...
Baku99280

Post by Baku99280 »

The pigeon card that states "you can place terraces adjacent to other players' terraces and cover up to 2 terraces" didn't work as intended in multiple games I played, it only lets me put the adjacent ones and doesn't let me put the "cover up to 2 terraces" when I try to.
Also it needs loads of improvements, really small interfaces, not scaled properly and the "choose a objective" at the start of game is always bugged so it always needs a refresh of the page.
tabicat

Post by tabicat »

I can't figure out how to properly select which resource cards to use to build a restaurant. Do I use the cards shown on the top of the screen, orthe ones shown in my hand? I usually have to repeatedly click on several cards until the accepts them.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”