Bang Duel / High noon Rule / Dodge City Character / Point Renegade

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ZioCanguro

Bang Duel / High noon Rule / Dodge City Character / Point Renegade

Post by ZioCanguro »

I would really like to thank the game developers very much for implementing the choice of characters and the expansion of bang.

I would have four requests/suggestions regarding the future if possible.

1- In the official tournaments that take place in Italy (but I think also in America), the finals are played with the game Bang Duel. Would it be possible to create it?

2- In official tournaments, hiig nood rule applies. Could you enter this game option? I'll post the regulation in Italian, but if needed I can translate it:

"il meccanismo ‘’mezzogiorno di fuoco’’
Ogni partita dovrebbe terminare in un ragionevole lasso di tempo. Perché ciò si verifichi
con continuità, trova applicazione il meccanismo denominato “Mezzogiorno di fuoco”,
illustrato di seguito:
• TAVOLI DA 5 GIOCATORI: a partire dalla terza volta in cui il mazzo degli scarti viene
rimischiato (quindi all’inizio della quarta smazzata), e cominciando dallo Sceriffo, ogni
giocatore all’inizio del proprio turno perde un punto vita. Se dopo aver perso il punto vita
il giocatore è ancora vivo, allora può giocare il proprio turno regolarmente; altrimenti
è fuori dal gioco (n.b.: si può giocare una Birra per restare in gioco, se il punto vita
che si perde è l’ultimo, ad eccezione del caso in cui siano rimasti in vita solo due giocatori);
• TAVOLI DA 6: come sopra, a partire dalla terza volta in cui il mazzo degli scarti
viene rimischiato (quindi all’inizio della quarta smazzata) e cominciando dal giocatore
dopo lo Sceriffo;
• TAVOLI DA 7: a partire dalla terza volta in cui il mazzo degli scarti viene rimischiato
(quindi all’inizio della quarta smazzata) e cominciando dallo Sceriffo
"

3- In some official tournaments, the normal bang cards are used, with the basic characters + only the dodge city characters.

4- In official tournaments, the renegade who loses in the final against the sheriff still gets a prize. It would therefore be right for the renegade to gain some elo, not lose it, as currently happens.
Last edited by ZioCanguro on 21 December 2022, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.
voriki

Re: Bang Duel / Midday of fire Rule / Dodge City Character / Point Renegade

Post by voriki »

ZioCanguro wrote: 20 December 2022, 18:42 1- In the official tournaments that take place in Italy
I didn't know there were official tournaments, cool.
game Bang Duel. Would it be possible to create it?
That depends, does the the publisher DV Giochi extend to license to the separate game Bang Duel? Also development on Bang! is not entirely complete yet. I would guess for now the focus remains on Bang!
4- In official tournaments, the renegade who loses in the final against the sheriff still gets a prize. It would therefore be right for the renegade to gain some elo, not lose it, as currently happens.
All games on BGA follow official rules, the rulebooks. Not tournament rules. The fact that the Renegade gets a consolidation prize is very nice, as it is recognized to be one of the hardest roles, and often you're basically screwed.
Rulebooks dictate that Renegade loses when he dies, thus BGA follows that.
Each player has an equal opportunity to be Renegade. And if you are Renegade this game, another person would be the Renegade the next game. You can play dozens of games one after the other to even things out.
In tournaments however this is not possible, you can't play tournament games one after the other, thus a Renegade is really disadvantaged if they lose early.

Return to “Bang”