Remove link to BGA Sandbox from docs

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
JMadGamer

Remove link to BGA Sandbox from docs

Post by JMadGamer »

I've just recently started looking into BGA development. I'm familiarizing myself with your docs and came across a link on the "How to join BGA developer team?" wiki page that links to the BGA Sandbox which is currently broken and, from what I understand, is also no longer supported. viewtopic.php?p=80789&hilit=sandbox#p80789

This is what happens when you try opening the sandbox in it's current state: https://imgur.com/a/kwQnisA

It's a shame the project was discontinued. It looked fun to develop some simple games with. But unless it gets restored I'd suggest removing the link from the wiki so devs like myself are not confused.
Een

Re: Remove link to BGA Sandbox from docs

Post by Een »

JMadGamer wrote: 21 December 2022, 08:10 I've just recently started looking into BGA development. I'm familiarizing myself with your docs and came across a link on the "How to join BGA developer team?" wiki page that links to the BGA Sandbox which is currently broken and, from what I understand, is also no longer supported. viewtopic.php?p=80789&hilit=sandbox#p80789
Thanks, I removed it.
JMadGamer wrote: 21 December 2022, 08:10 It's a shame the project was discontinued. It looked fun to develop some simple games with. But unless it gets restored I'd suggest removing the link from the wiki so devs like myself are not confused.
Indeed BGA Sandbox was a fun way to develop some simple games. But it was a complex piece of software to build and maintain, and over the years beyond the BGA founders only one developer ever actually developed a game using the sandbox (https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... outmasters) while hundreds of games from many different developers have been built using the "classic" BGA studio.
So yes, Sandbox is discontinued.

Return to “Developers”