When can I operae the Guest House?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Pedros

When can I operae the Guest House?

Post by Pedros »

I've been trying out the Guest House in Expansion 1 but don't understand how it's implemented here. The rules say ccolonists can be moved out at any time, but sometimes the game here doesn't allow that. For instance, in #325065539 (don't know how to find the move number!) I have just bought a small sugar mill. Since I already haave a sugar plantation, I wnt to use one of my two colonists in the Guessthoue. Howeve, when I try I'm told "It is not your move." If somebody chooses the craftsmn am I asked at that point whether i wish to occupy, or what?
bananasplay

Re: When can I operae the Guest House?

Post by bananasplay »

Pedros wrote: 22 December 2022, 15:42 I've been trying out the Guest House in Expansion 1 but don't understand how it's implemented here. The rules say ccolonists can be moved out at any time, but sometimes the game here doesn't allow that. For instance, in #325065539 (don't know how to find the move number!) I have just bought a small sugar mill. Since I already haave a sugar plantation, I wnt to use one of my two colonists in the Guessthoue. Howeve, when I try I'm told "It is not your move." If somebody chooses the craftsmn am I asked at that point whether i wish to occupy, or what?
The Guest House is, quite frankly, buggy as hell here. My friends and I have a gentlemen's agreement to not select the Guest House when we draft buildings (the process of which is also buggy with how buildings are displayed during the draft).

Feel free to search the game's bug reports for "guest house" to get a sense for this. My favourite report title on this topic is "Guesthouse colonist is stolen by other player", which is 100% accurate—I literally saw a colonist go flying off my board onto an opponent's board. It confused the heck out of my table until we figured out what was going on; the game was irreparably altered immediately, of course.

As for your issue about not knowing how to find the move number, it's at the top left of the screen on every table... unless you're on a tiny-screened device, in which case BGA decides that you don't need that information and hides it from you. :-/ See if switching to landscape orientation makes this info available.

Hope this helps!
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.

Return to “Puerto Rico”