Victory Conditions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
EdStatic

Victory Conditions

Post by EdStatic »

Great game- I am brand new and have played three games on BGA in two days. I am playing solo, playing both sides just to try and learn the rules. I have built some impressive space empires, but I still don't really know why- are there any victory conditions besides eXterminating the opposing empire (or driving them to concede)?

By way of explanation, I had one game end with BGA telling me the game was now "impossible" (?) and the result is defeat. One game I conceded to myself (dinner was ready) and one game timed out (too much time elapsed between moves! Defeat!)
Lunalol

Re: Victory Conditions

Post by Lunalol »

Hi.
but I still don't really know why- are there any victory conditions besides eXterminating the opposing empire (or driving them to concede)?
Because it is the rules, you can ask that question to J. Krohn on a BGG forum.
I had one game end with BGA telling me the game was now "impossible" (?) and the result is defeat
You should have created a bug report for that, I don't know what it is !
one game timed out (too much time elapsed between moves! Defeat!)
Use only turn based games for wargames.

Thanks for playing.
EdStatic

Post by EdStatic »

I have finally finished a game by smashing the opponents homeworld in 42 turns (I am pretty evenly matched with myself). I just didn't find a line in the rules that explicitly said that was the goal- possibly I missed it, cause I learned from the video to start.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

Victory conditions are NOT in the rule-book but at start of play-book (with scenarios).

Return to “Space Empires: 4X”