Where does it show the score, and scoring is strange.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Zzzorlon

Where does it show the score, and scoring is strange.

Post by Zzzorlon »

I played two games of this, but have no idea who won or what my score was. Did I miss where the score is shown?

Also, why don't the clue givers get a point? It seems the best/evil strategy is to give bad clues, as it doesn't affect the clue giver and may prevent the guesser from getting points.

I enjoyed the game, but wish scoring was better.
Ez0ah

Re: Where does it show the score, and scoring is strange.

Post by Ez0ah »

You missed the part saying it’s a cooperative game, so everyone get the same score.
Zzzorlon

Post by Zzzorlon »

Thanks, as I must have missed this part. Based on that, then the BGA Wiki page should be edited as it says:

Results

Success: If the active player correctly guesses the Mystery Word, score 1 point.
Failure: If the active player makes a wrong guess, do not gain the point, AND discard the next card in the stack. If the card guessed was the last card, lose a point.
Skip: If the active player chooses not to answer, skip their turn and do not gain the point.

End of Game

The game ends after 13 rounds. Guessing all 13 mystery words correctly is a perfect score.

Which is where I got the scoring system info from. I am not confident enough, nor experienced enough, to edit it.
Salvidrim

Post by Salvidrim »

Zzzorlon wrote: 27 December 2022, 01:51 Thanks, as I must have missed this part. Based on that, then the BGA Wiki page should be edited as it says:

Results

Success: If the active player correctly guesses the Mystery Word, score 1 point.
Failure: If the active player makes a wrong guess, do not gain the point, AND discard the next card in the stack. If the card guessed was the last card, lose a point.
Skip: If the active player chooses not to answer, skip their turn and do not gain the point.

End of Game

The game ends after 13 rounds. Guessing all 13 mystery words correctly is a perfect score.

Which is where I got the scoring system info from. I am not confident enough, nor experienced enough, to edit it.
The above is an accurate description of the scoring system for "Just One", can you specify what sounds wrong to you?
Zzzorlon

Post by Zzzorlon »

I didn't see any score shown, at any time. Nor did I see a final tally or a winner.

The only thing I saw was your game rating. Which showed the same rating for every one.

I played with four friends, two games, all of whom had never played before. No one saw a score, and everyone's rating was the same. Even though I had missed a word, and one person got all their words correct.

So this is why if there is a working score system, then I missed it and so did all five of us. So if the wiki is correct, then where does it show the score?
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

There is a small number on a slider to the right of the word to be guessed which shows the group's current score.

At the end of the game, you will get a bigger screen which shows both the score and an evaluation of your score, e.g. '7 - average'. you can also see the score on the final game results page which shows our ELO gain.

And as stated above, the Wiki is exactly correct as to how scoring works, but maybe does not emphasise enough that all those points are awarded to ALL players.
Zzzorlon

Post by Zzzorlon »

"...but maybe does not emphasise enough that all those points are awarded to ALL players. "

Ah, that is the part I was missing. I thought scoring was individual, not for the whole group.

Yes, I think it would be helpful to note in the wiki that scoring is not individual, but instead points are awarded to the group. Maybe also mention the group score is shown on that rainbow arrow.

Thanks, that helped. :D

Return to “Just One”