CAPER: Europe- Will you be the mastermind? + 2023

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

CAPER: Europe- Will you be the mastermind? + 2023

Post by DrClick »

Play your cards right and you will be the greatest mastermind ever to roam Europe!

Your role as criminal mastermind is to recruit a crew of thieves, send them to locations across Europe, and provide them with gear. It is your job to utilize your resources efficiently to steal goods, but being a great mastermind is about more than the things you walk away with. It is the thrill of a well thought-out plan coming together: the set-up, the sting. Properly deploy your thieves and gear to dominate locations, outmaneuver your opponent's plans, and win the night. You have six rounds to plan and play your cards. Nothing like a tight timeline to up the stakes!

Caper: Europe is a two-player drafting game. You take turns sending thieves to famous locations across Europe, vying for control through special card powers. These thieves have tricks up their sleeves, which you can enhance by adding gear to them. Controlling the locations is not everything- priceless stolen goods await the thief who is clever enough to snatch them first.

Your goal is to score the most points by winning locations, collecting stolen goods, and equipping thieves with their preferred gear. The mastermind with the most points, tallied at the end of six rounds, wins.

You can play it here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=capereurope

And there is a tutorial available there!

We would like to thank the Keymaster Games team and Unai Rubio for their authorization to bring the game on BGA, as well as Kayvon and Mogri who developed this version for the platform! They all deserve some love!

And lastly:
Today, the 2022 Winter Calendar has ended. There were plenty of games released, and if you missed them, you can check the list here:
Also, a lot of you participated this year in the daily gift opening craze!

-> 72812 players have opened at least one gift
-> 16039 players have gotten the first award (3 days opened in a row)
-> 6249 players have gotten the second award (10 days opened in a row)
-> 3089 players have gotten the third award (20 days opened in a row)
-> 1518 players managed to make it to the final award! (31 days opened in a row!) Congratulations! 👏

You all deserve some love.
Thanks to all of you for playing games on Board Game Arena. This year has been very tough but the best is still yet to come.
You will be able to witness the changes on our platform during the next months.
As always, don't forget to drop your feedback (we care) and to report any issues (bugs, etc).

And lastly...
Play fair and take care!

We wish you a very good, healthy, and happy new year 2023!
Arnetto

Re: CAPER: Europe- Will you be the mastermind? + 2023

Post by Arnetto »

Congratulations and thanks for another amazing year. Your dedication and consistency are truly inspiring and very much appreciated. Your efforts are directly responsible for some great online experiences and people interactions. All best in 2023!
--
♥︎A
Vosem

Post by Vosem »

Nice subtle Flanders
thedarktower52

Post by thedarktower52 »

I was convinced they'd forgotten Ned, but a quick glance back at it and I couldn't believe I'd missed it! :roll: :D
shooshoo

Post by shooshoo »

The creator of the tutorial for Caper is a CHAMP! The tutorial explained the game better than the actual rule book lol! Thank you so much!
technomage116

Post by technomage116 »

Thanks so much for creating so many awesome games.You guys make my life better.

If I could suggest, is there a way to streamline the usability? It's definitely gotten more kloodgy on start a new game page. It's harder to find people and find the game. If I can help let me know. I have concrete actionable, easy to do UI improvements like bringing the important stuff higher on the page and making it easier to do.

Thanks!
jtburrup

Post by jtburrup »

Thank you BGA team. I've been on BGA for 11 years now, back in the days when there were less than 100 games I believe. It just keeps getting better and better. I appreciate you guys and your hard work. Keep it up!
Coralou

Post by Coralou »

Thank you for making BGA a continuously great place to play! Happy New Year!
goldensmith

Post by goldensmith »

Vosem wrote: 02 January 2023, 21:38 Nice subtle Flanders
I need a hint!
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

goldensmith wrote: 11 February 2023, 23:10
Vosem wrote: 02 January 2023, 21:38 Nice subtle Flanders
I need a hint!
One of the photos is recognisably of Flanders, if he was drawn in a non-Simpsons (ie. non-cartoon) art style.

Don't worry, it took me ages to notice it too!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”