Vote which scenarios to eliminate from Arena - Urgent

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Waikirikiri

Re: Vote which scenarios to eliminate from Arena - Urgent

Post by Waikirikiri »

Reaper76 wrote: 10 February 2023, 01:30 How many times do we have to say the same thing over and over?
Really we know your feelings on this but we are not asking to dumb down the game but to remove certain scenarios that require LESS thinking and skill
And this ONLY pertains to Arena so you can play any scenario you want in regular play
A point I am making that you seem unable to recognize, acknowledge, or answer is that this is your opinion regarding these scenarios.
As no-one is actually answering to points I have raised I have made those points again.
You, like me, are repeating yourself.

My opinion, and I am entitled to have it and express it, is that by reducing the number of scenarios the game is being dumbed down.

If the original list had been much smaller then I may not have been as vigorous in my defence of these scenarios.
There are a few in the list where luck in the card draw and dice plays a significant part of the victory.
There are many more in that list that a skilled player can and will win from both sides.

If you don't like playing them in the Arena format then don't play M44 Arena.

Most of the scenarios - not all I will acknowledge - add to the flavour of the M44 world.

War/Battle isn't always fair, even or balanced.
The M44 creators acknowledge this by requiring Arena players to play both sides of a scenario.

I encourage everyone to read M44 overview https://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/base/overview/
Reflect on the overview and consider what you are proposing to do and if that really fits with the M44 ethos.

We need more Arena scenarios not fewer.
This will increase the odds of playing the same scenarios again and again.
Reaper76

Post by Reaper76 »

Waikirikiri wrote: 10 February 2023, 01:51
Reaper76 wrote: 10 February 2023, 01:30 How many times do we have to say the same thing over and over?
Really we know your feelings on this but we are not asking to dumb down the game but to remove certain scenarios that require LESS thinking and skill
And this ONLY pertains to Arena so you can play any scenario you want in regular play
A point I am making that you seem unable to recognize, acknowledge, or answer is that this is your opinion regarding these scenarios.
As no-one is actually answering to points I have raised I have made those points again.
You, like me, are repeating yourself.

My opinion, and I am entitled to have it and express it, is that by reducing the number of scenarios the game is being dumbed down.

If the original list had been much smaller then I may not have been as vigorous in my defence of these scenarios.
There are a few in the list where luck in the card draw and dice plays a significant part of the victory.
There are many more in that list that a skilled player can and will win from both sides.

If you don't like playing them in the Arena format then don't play M44 Arena.

Most of the scenarios - not all I will acknowledge - add to the flavour of the M44 world.

War/Battle isn't always fair, even or balanced.
The M44 creators acknowledge this by requiring Arena players to play both sides of a scenario.

I encourage everyone to read M44 overview https://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/base/overview/
Reflect on the overview and consider what you are proposing to do and if that really fits with the M44 ethos.

We need more Arena scenarios not fewer.
This will increase the odds of playing the same scenarios again and again.
Adding some new scenarios is in the process so you should be happy with that but this discussion is pick what you want removed and we know you want ZERO removed so your one vote is taken and tallied LoL
Winn81

Post by Winn81 »

Vote here: https://poll-maker.com/poll4702247x0dcc49C8-147

(hopefully this works)
"Do your best, have fun, and do not cry" -Major General Winn81
Champion: WW16, WW17, BGG 36, BEWOLF 3, BEWOLF 5, BGA 11, BGA 12, COOL 7, 5 x BoB, Jolt 4, US Open ‘23
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

Reaper76 wrote: 10 February 2023, 02:54
Adding some new scenarios is in the process so you should be happy with that but this discussion is pick what you want removed and we know you want ZERO removed so your one vote is taken and tallied LoL
This discussion is not urgent - regardless of what the first post claims.
The next Arena Season doesn't start until April so this isn't urgent.

There are at present 771 BGA players of Memoir 44.
There doesn't appear to be a shortage of players, imho, in the Arena.

46 who have made it to Elite level/league in the Arena - despite there being some scenarios that some would like banned.

For a poll or discussion to be meaningful it should have a participation/vote of a significant portion of those players - most who don't seem to be discouraged or put off by the current selection of scenarios.

I'd suggest a poll that has less than a third of players participating (currently 259) is not representative and its result should be ignored.

A few vocal forum members - myself included - shouldn't be allowed to dominate the discussion - we don't know what the other players think/want.

This thread is not representative of the BGA N44 players.

It frustrates me that those who appear to have played M44 online for a very short time want to significantly alter how it is played.

How many Arena Seasons of M44 have been played?
Should we allow more Seasons to be played before making changes.

Yes I am deliberately being provocative in this discussion, as without my posts this would be a very one-sided discussion.
Last edited by Waikirikiri on 10 February 2023, 04:07, edited 1 time in total.
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

Winn81 wrote: 10 February 2023, 03:27 Vote here: https://poll-maker.com/poll4702247x0dcc49C8-147

(hopefully this works)
Your poll should include an introduction, an explanation, about what the poll is trying to achieve.

As it stands its results should be open to challenge because of its lack of detail or clarity.

Are people voting because they haven't won at these scenarios?
What is the M44 experience (how many games played) of those answering the poll?

It would be fairer if the poll allowed people to vote which ones should be removed and which should be kept.
That would give a better, more balanced result.
M44 fan

Post by M44 fan »

Never, ever, have I come across such a group of players who don't want to play scenarios because the cards and dice might not favour them.
Welcome to BGA.
Winn81

Post by Winn81 »

I've redesigned the survey. You can now vote to keep or remove for each scenario.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HKMTK2P
"Do your best, have fun, and do not cry" -Major General Winn81
Champion: WW16, WW17, BGG 36, BEWOLF 3, BEWOLF 5, BGA 11, BGA 12, COOL 7, 5 x BoB, Jolt 4, US Open ‘23
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

Winn81 wrote: 10 February 2023, 15:45 I've redesigned the survey. You can now vote to keep or remove for each scenario.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HKMTK2P
Thank you for considering my suggestions.
Jeronimon

Post by Jeronimon »

M44 fan wrote: 10 February 2023, 10:23
Never, ever, have I come across such a group of players who don't want to play scenarios because the cards and dice might not favour them.
Welcome to BGA.
In my opinion this has nothing to do with BGA.
In the Days of Wonder online version some scenarios seldom or never got picked to pay either.
Buffalo Sldr

Post by Buffalo Sldr »

this has nothing to do with BGA.
It might have more to do with BGA than you know.
We can now decide together which scenarios to eliminate from arena
[together] as in; those who care opposed to those who stand alone.

This was a good move. No vote or discussion on whether Scenarios should be eliminated, at all. Just jump right into - Vote to eliminate...simply post a list of Scenarios and there you have it.

You won't get any objections from the Devs because this is easy enough to do. When bringing up some of the more important issues, dealing with M44 - It's become; Issues that you would rather see implemented, before the Devs take on some of the more Important issues (complex programming) - Slow down. Don't get too far ahead of yourself.

M44 is new to Arena. Right now, it looks as if it is hard for players to get into a real-time game, unless it is Arena and or Random.
As a M44 player you should not be targeting any of the unbalanced scenario's. They might not be fun for you, but they certainly bring much joy and great fun for the rookies. Unbalanced Scenarios are a tool, a tool for learning.

This game now belongs to Arena, it is Arena. Don't fool yourselves into pretending it's not.
Streamlining the game to fit your personal preference will most certainly affect this "game" in a negative way.

Return to “Memoir 44”