Vote which scenarios to eliminate from Arena - Urgent

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Waltero2

Re: Vote which scenarios to eliminate from Arena - Urgent

Post by Waltero2 »

Hello all.
Let's stop whining and keep playing.
Seems we had this discussion before (Unfair play). Have no doubt, BGA will placate to all the whiners.
PaskinsP wrote: 07 July 2022, 14:09
waltero wrote: 07 July 2022, 01:23 Scenarios will go to the wayside...disappear.
And that is exactly where you're wrong.
Headline: "Scenarios to eliminate"...Exactly!

Can't say it's been fun being back - my first four games were against quitters :lol: (funny, not exactly fun) Let's make it fun; What are you willing to bet the next two (if there is a "next two") will be quitters as well? 8-)

Different Breed of players here on BGA...Go figure.
ripted pizzaz

Post by ripted pizzaz »

Waltero2 wrote: 03 February 2023, 07:39 Can't say it's been fun being back - my first four games were against quitters :lol: (funny, not exactly fun) Let's make it fun; What are you willing to bet the next two (if there is a "next two") will be quitters as well? 8-)

If I recall, DoW didn't have the option to concede, (without affecting your reputation like an abandoned game).

So, you can chalk it up to "a different breed of players" which is a pretty crappy thing to say about an entire community, but that's inaccurate.

Perhaps you could (positively) advocate for a "non-concede" setting for games. I don't know if that's an option for the BGA platform, but may solve your issue.
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

Waltero2 wrote: 03 February 2023, 07:39 Hello all.
Let's stop whining and keep playing.
Seems we had this discussion before (Unfair play). Have no doubt, BGA will placate to all the whiners.
PaskinsP wrote: 07 July 2022, 14:09
waltero wrote: 07 July 2022, 01:23 Scenarios will go to the wayside...disappear.
And that is exactly where you're wrong.
Headline: "Scenarios to eliminate"...Exactly!

Can't say it's been fun being back - my first four games were against quitters :lol: (funny, not exactly fun) Let's make it fun; What are you willing to bet the next two (if there is a "next two") will be quitters as well? 8-)

We are getting off track again but really do not like posts calling other players names but there is a difference between players quitting the game and conceding
Conceding is part of BGA and not just a rule for M44 so is part of the rules when you sign up but let’s stick to topic if we can
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

Also this topic is being discussed on another newer post by Magnus
Waltero2

Post by Waltero2 »

really do not like posts calling other players names
My first four games were played against Conceders...Better?
Perhaps you could (positively) advocate for a "non-concede" setting
Yah, then having to deal with all the whiners crying, unfair, unfair...Far too many Conceders here on M44, they'd never allow it.
DoW didn't have the option to concede, (without affecting your reputation like an abandoned game).
Why shouldn't Quitter's reputation be affected, after abandoning a game?

Yes," there is a difference between players quitting the game and conceding." 3 out of four games played, three player's Conceded, while still having the Ability to win (=Quitter). The other game was abandoned, by a habitual Quitter. In fact you can view their game log and find out if they are Habitual conceders (aka Quitter). It's easy, If the game log reads -1 -1 for both players, bottom player conceded.

I calls em hows I sees em!

You simply don't like the name "quitter," where I don't enjoy playing games against quitters.

At first, I didn't know what you were referring too, when you stated - "name calling." I thought it might have been in reference to the "Whiners" thing.

This entire thread is a result of one player whining about a [so called] cheater and his "Unfair play" tactics...one sided matches. So here we are again, whining, whining about one sided Scenarios. Let's rid ourselves of one-sided matches and now we shall rid ourselves of one-sided Scenarios.
In that Post (unfair play) Somebody asked me "why are you going against the grain?" Because M44 players were wanting to Change the dynamics of the game, on the basis of a whiner, crying cheat, cheat...he was crying cheater, cheater, when there was no cheat.
Just as parents should never side with a tattletale, we should never have given in to a fellow player Hollering Cheater, Cheater. Pretty much the same with this thread. Stop whining and play the game. Don't become a whiner, or a habitual conceder :roll:

I was taught to never quit in the middle of a game. My opponent would never allow me to quit. For that, I became a better player and was able to see new strategies, new possibilities. And I get it, my superior Skill and daring does overwhelm most my opponents.

I simply can't handle conceders ( almost forgot, we are on BGA) because they are not open to learning. First four games and all quit, if that isn't sending a message...

Time to find A Different game.
Have fun

Waltero out.
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

Thought this thread was about eliminating certain scenarios from Arena play...
Not sure how the whole Whiners, Cheater's quitters thing came into it but like it has been said before BGA has a lot of games on their platform and they all abide by the same protocols so if conceding just gets you so upset then agreed maybe this is not the place for you
PaskinsP

Post by PaskinsP »

Gonna be honest, I cannot be bothered to re-read the whole thread, or other threads related to this annoying topic.

But iirc... what he's advocating (or one of the things) is maintaining only balanced scenarios, and playing 1 WAY mode, instead of 2 ways.

The publisher expressly (and rightly so) asked for 2 ways as the gold standard.
This this whole debate is quite sterile.
Embe13

Post by Embe13 »

Sainte-Mer-Eglise
Pegasus Bridge
First Assault Wave
Arnhem Bridge
Sidi Rhezeg Air Field YEAH PLEASE KILL THIS ONE
Knightsbridge
Panzers vs Grants
1st Armored to the rescue
Vassieux
Pointe-du-Hoc
Mont Mouchet
Flanking Maneuver at Bir Hakem
Escape via the Coastal Road
Sugar Loaf and Half Moon
Wake Island
Slopes of Mount Austen

i don't care as much about the rest but this one is just a race to see who dead draws first and looses.
the others are fairly well balanced that as the side with the advantage with skill you can over come and win, but no even as the side with the advantage if all you draw is left side cards you are screwed.
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

Embe13 wrote: 08 February 2023, 04:27 Sainte-Mer-Eglise
Pegasus Bridge
First Assault Wave
Arnhem Bridge
Sidi Rhezeg Air Field YEAH PLEASE KILL THIS ONE
Knightsbridge
Panzers vs Grants
1st Armored to the rescue
Vassieux
Pointe-du-Hoc
Mont Mouchet
Flanking Maneuver at Bir Hakem
Escape via the Coastal Road
Sugar Loaf and Half Moon
Wake Island
Slopes of Mount Austen
i don't care as much about the rest but this one is just a race to see who dead draws first and looses.
the others are fairly well balanced that as the side with the advantage with skill you can over come and win, but no even as the side with the advantage if all you draw is left side cards you are screwed.
Many of the scenarios on the list above can and will be won by either side with a little luck and some skill.

Do we really want to dumb this game down by removing the "hard" scenarios?
Skiipy

Post by Skiipy »

Do we really want to dumb this game down by removing the "hard" scenarios?
It appears So.

Return to “Memoir 44”