[BUG?] Swiss system tournament, finishing after 5 rounds when was created with 10 rounds.

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Hardin2000

[BUG?] Swiss system tournament, finishing after 5 rounds when was created with 10 rounds.

Post by Hardin2000 »

Hello, I just finished a swiss system tournament That was a stage 2 of a tournament, with round robins groups on stage 1.
And the tournament was finished by BGA, with only half rounds on Stage 2. It was literally cutted by BGA in Half,

I had a nice 2nd place so i can't complain from it. But usually when this things happen, some other players will whisper me because I created the tournament.
And this is not fair because it is a problem caused by BGA. Additionally if I promised to people 10 games on stage 2, we should have played 10 games and not 5.

Tournament format :
-- Games are 1x1 player.
-- Stage 1: 10 groups of 13 players in round robin, the first 5 of each group advanced to stage 2.
-- Stage 2- Swiss system with the 50 best from phase 1, with 10 rounds, that BGA cutted in half :o
-- Tournament link: https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=179737

Best regards.
Mathew5000

Re: [BUG?] Swiss system tournament, finishing after 5 rounds when was created with 10 rounds.

Post by Mathew5000 »

This is very weird! It would be great if a BGA admin could explain why Stage 2 of this tournament stopped after Step 5, when it was supposed to have 10 matches.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”