Confirm Sound or Automation Needed

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
fleezybaby

Confirm Sound or Automation Needed

Post by fleezybaby »

love the game. absolutely addicted. however, i feel like there are sounds missing, or automation needed namely for Confirm End of Turn: There is no sound, and of all the possible outcomes of goal cards, decks, and rolls, the one thing that always holds true is someone forgetting to click Confirm. The only thing that says "hey, you forgot to confirm" is the clock ticking down at 10s.

Either the confirmation has to happen on it's own after 10-15s (more than enough time to decide to change your mind if needed), or a sound.

please.
paramesis

Re: Confirm Sound or Automation Needed

Post by paramesis »

In the next version, the confirm button will begin flashing if it has not been pressed for a few seconds, but I will not be adding countdown timers. I have given arguments for my position against this design trend here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=71648
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

paramesis wrote: 05 January 2023, 00:15 In the next version, the confirm button will begin flashing if it has not been pressed for a few seconds, but I will not be adding countdown timers. I have given arguments for my position against this design trend here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=71648
This is a very well-reasoned position, and I thank you for it. I was already against countdown timers for a subset of your reasons, but you'd thoughts of aspects that I hadn't considered, which makes the case against countdown timers even stronger.

I also agree with you that an optional, non-default timer would be fine, since players would have to enable it for themselves on a case-by-case basis.
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
fleezybaby

Post by fleezybaby »

would a sound be something you have control of? or is that a BGA setting.

Even just a chime, like when your turn starts, would be a boon.

The crux here for me, and i think many that forget to confirm, is that when you have completed the actions you've taking, and perhaps have no brown powers so that the action cube just needs to automate, we tend to navigate to another tab, away from the page.

Could you make the chrome tab flash when a prompt requires your attention in addition to the button flashing? Seems like a nice compromise if possible :oops:
Jinxie

Post by Jinxie »

Love the game and wish I had more time to play!
In the Wingspan in-game settings, I had "turned off" the Confirm button to see how it would work during a game. But now that I've done that, how do I turn it back on?
That Confirm line also had the Undo button next to it and though I haven't used it during any game I've played it would be nice to have back in case I need to change my move for a more profitable one.
Thanks for any assistance with this!
Mathew5000

Post by Mathew5000 »

Jinxie wrote: 29 January 2024, 12:56In the Wingspan in-game settings, I had "turned off" the Confirm button to see how it would work during a game. But now that I've done that, how do I turn it back on?
Here's one way: scroll down and click on the "Options" tab. You should see 13 preferences you can configure, of which the third is "Confirm Step":

Return to “Wingspan”