TTR tournament result : How to know how are sorted the players

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
menettm

TTR tournament result : How to know how are sorted the players

Post by menettm »

Hi,

I have made the following TTR tournament : https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=168610

Can somebody explain to me why I'm third, how are sorted the equalities ? :?:

Note that in my party with the second, I have win. :P

I see the same "problem" with the 5th and 6th players. :!:

Best regards. Menet.
Jeronimon

Re: TTR tournament result : How to know how are sorted the players

Post by Jeronimon »

If you go to the final scores and tap/click the plus sign in the upper right corner the score difference is shown.
This determines the order between players with the same points.

Hope this helps
menettm

Post by menettm »

Thanks Jeronimon. :P

Now I understand.

Have à good new 2023 year of playing.
menettm

Post by menettm »

I have another question on the same type of problem.

In the previous party, the clicking on the plus sign shows "Différence de points" (Score difference).
I suppose it is the sum of all the differences of all our parties made in this tournament.

But I am playing to another TTR tournement and in this one, clicking on the plus sign shows "Moyenne des adversaires" (Average opponents Google translation) but the values are bigger than 3 thousand.
I don't understand how these so big values can be obtained with only one party made in the tournement ( https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?i ... ge_display ).

Can somebody explains these values ?

Edit : In another finished TTR tournement ( https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=176665 ) I understand the "Moyenne des adversaires" (Average opponents Google translation) but there is another "Points de l"adversaire" (Opponent Points Google translation) column that I don't understand and then how is made the sort !

Best regards. menet.
Mathew5000

Post by Mathew5000 »

When it says "Différence de points" it's referring to the score in each game, we can call those "game points" or "points de partie".

When it says "Points de l"adversaire" it refers to the opponent's "tournament points", not game points.

For example, suppose you and I have each played three games so far in the tournament, and we've each won two of them, so we each have 2 tournament points. If "Points de l"adversaire" is the tiebreaker, then we look at my opponent in my first game, my second game, and my third game, and how many points each of them currently has, then add it up. For example, suppose my first opponent lost all three of his games, my second opponent won 2 games out of 3, and my third opponent won 1 game out of 3. Then my "points de l'adversaire" is 0 + 2 + 1 = 3.

The term "Moyenne des adversaires" or "Opponents' average" refers to your opponents' ELO.

In both cases, the idea is that if both you and I have each won 2 games and lost 1 so far in the tournament, but you have faced stronger opponents than I have, then you should be ranked above me.

Further reading: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syst%C3%A ... %A9partage
menettm

Post by menettm »

Thanks Mathews, I understand better.

My last remark is about the term "Moyenne des adversaires" or "Opponents' average" that refers to your opponents' ELO.

- In the last case, it is thru, it is the ELO opponents average.
- But in the previous case, it can't be an average I suppose but a sum of the ELO of the 15 opponents to obtain a value near of 3 thousand for all the 16 tournament players!

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”