New campaign strongly discouraged for beginners - why?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
marta_night

New campaign strongly discouraged for beginners - why?

Post by marta_night »

Hi All,

I played the original version of The Crew and wanted to start a new campaign and try out Deep Sea. When I chose "new campaign" there was a prompt saying "new campaign is strongly discouraged with beginners at the table", so I chose "Campaign" and it started at mission 22. My questions are:
- why starting a new campaign is that bad? I thought it would be better to learn steadily, starting from Mission 1.
- when the prompt says that if I chose "New campaign" my other campaign will be erased, does it mean the ongoing game (the one that started at mission 22) will be abandoned automatically?
- why exactly did the campaign start for me at mission 22, if I am the one who set up the table?

Would be grateful for some help here :)
Tisaac

Re: New campaign strongly discouraged for beginners - why?

Post by Tisaac »

marta_night wrote: 09 January 2023, 13:26 Hi All,

I played the original version of The Crew and wanted to start a new campaign and try out Deep Sea. When I chose "new campaign" there was a prompt saying "new campaign is strongly discouraged with beginners at the table", so I chose "Campaign" and it started at mission 22. My questions are:
- why starting a new campaign is that bad? I thought it would be better to learn steadily, starting from Mission 1.
- when the prompt says that if I chose "New campaign" my other campaign will be erased, does it mean the ongoing game (the one that started at mission 22) will be abandoned automatically?
- why exactly did the campaign start for me at mission 22, if I am the one who set up the table?

Would be grateful for some help here :)
It's discouraged because you shouldnt use that settings if it's a first campaign, just use "new campaign". The option "new campaign" is here really just for erasing ongoing campaign with exact same team of players.
No idea why you started at mission 22, are you sure you created a deep sea table and not an original the crew table ?
marta_night

Re: New campaign strongly discouraged for beginners - why?

Post by marta_night »

Understood, thanks a lot for explaining it!!

As for the mission 22 issue - it looks I got confused by the new lobby settings and joined a table instead of creating it. My bad!

Return to “The Crew: Mission Deep Sea”