Conceed after finishing turns

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BoooardMaster

Conceed after finishing turns

Post by BoooardMaster »

Hi all,

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not but the option to conceed once we finish our turns/resources shouldn't exist.

On a game I've built up my resources, had a clear path for the rest of my turns and my oponent finishes his/hers resources and so I play "alone" for the rest of the game, and then once I'm nearly finish or doing my thing they just conceed in what always feels like I'm facing a sore loser.

There is no point at all in conceeding at that stage of the game, you're not playing, you can leave the table, why conceed? the end result is exactly the same for you.

I think the option to conceed once you finish your turns shouldn't exist and I hope they implement that change in the future.
asmallcat

Re: Conceed after finishing turns

Post by asmallcat »

I...don't understand the problem here. Presumably this is 1v1, right? So if your opponent concedes, you win. That was the goal of the game. You admit you would have made the exact same moves whether they conceded or not, so why does it matter? They probably concede once it's clear they won't win rather than doing all the math to try and see how many points you might be able to get.
BoooardMaster

Post by BoooardMaster »

The problem is exactly the other way around, why would anyone care about conceeding if they know they lost? Can't they let us finish the game, see how many points we end up with, maybe break some personal record or objective, etc?

I don't understand the point other than being a sore loser.
Mattzord

Post by Mattzord »

I experienced this today as well and the player who conceeds should get a penalty. It’s a very childish move and really annoying when it happens.
NaCl_duke

Post by NaCl_duke »

Same here. The other player took income 5 and then conceded. Sore looser, checked his/her history: Has a history of doing it. Player with >400 ELO. One would think he/she has figured out by now that there is some luck in this game and sometimes you loose.
I agree that the "Concede game" option should be taken away once a player made their last move. But I also would like the option to join another table once I made my last turn. Right now you have the option to "leave the table" but you cannot start another game until the current game is done.

Return to “Tapestry”