Arena season 12: go!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
HankBaskett

Re: Arena season 12: go!

Post by HankBaskett »

If we don't want to restrict Arena participation to 200 ELO and above, lets at least give players the option to set their matchmaking based on ELO.
Virgil Prane

Post by Virgil Prane »

They've kinda broken ELO anyhow by pushing slow games into training mode.
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

MeeuwAnja wrote: 12 January 2023, 20:19 The Arena Prices (at the end) aren't transparant, I think.
With some games, Top 20 gets an Award and with some it's just Top 5. How does that work?
Depends on the number of players in arena

Needs over 200 for top 10 and over 500nfor top 20
Bruninposz

Post by Bruninposz »

Res Arcana:
  • Number of players: "2" (prev: "3")
Good decision! There were simply not enough player for 3.
Palapapa

Post by Palapapa »

All rewards from reaching upper league have been decreased by 50-70% despite what have been stated below in the general announcement of season 12

"
Rules updates

No Arena rules are changing this season. It does not mean we are 100% satisfied with how the Arena is running, but you seem to appreciate the current rules so we want to keep them as they are for now.

My questions are :

-Why this change? rewards seemed fine as they were. There was no need for change. And it's unfair to newer players that are trying to climb in the general leaderboard.

- Does that mean end of the season rewards will be reduced accordingly also?

-Again, why not let players know what they play for with a general announcement and a reminder on arena page with rewards conditions? Playing arena is a big time and energy commitment. Players deserve to know the exact rules. Developping this whole arena thing must have been a lot of work and it's a great addition to bga. Still the easiest part of the development has still not been done after 12 seasons : giving players the rules for rewards and making sure the rewards given are according with those rules (and not random reward like it is now for the first season of game. Sometimes winner gets only 6k in the 1rst season and so on despite the fact that the player pool is 500+ or 1000+ and sometimes full reward, no way yo know before end the season).
onyx puffin

Post by onyx puffin »

I thought Arena was set up so Elite players were not playing those at levels of bronze and silver?

How does it help it play such players, especially when a loss to such players is so damaging?
This is especially bad in Ticket to Ride two player.

Can this option to not play bronze silver level when elite be put back in? Perhaps a way to opt out of a game when you see it is a bronze or silver player?
Earthboundia

Post by Earthboundia »

This is a more general question about arena rankings. Not sure if this is the right page but I can't find a forum section dedicated to arena mode so this seems like my best bet. I have just reached the elite league on a game and when I looked at my rankings I was surprised to say the least that I went from about 300 to 23rd and then I got a number with my ranking. I was wondering how that number was worked out (for my curiosity mainly) as this is the first time I've reached elite league on something so have no idea how that happened.
Juulx1

Post by Juulx1 »

Sooo sad that Ticket to Ride went to 2 players. It's not fun to play with just 2 - way too easy. Hope it'll go back to 4 next season, I will definitely not be playing this season, when it used to be my favorite game to do in Arena Mode.
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

onyx puffin wrote: 19 January 2023, 20:14 I thought Arena was set up so Elite players were not playing those at levels of bronze and silver?

How does it help it play such players, especially when a loss to such players is so damaging?
This is especially bad in Ticket to Ride two player.

Can this option to not play bronze silver level when elite be put back in? Perhaps a way to opt out of a game when you see it is a bronze or silver player?
You can setbyour settings to not play with people manybleagues below you

In the old lobby click on the cog symbol
Cerberus 67

Post by Cerberus 67 »

How are points awarded for winning the arena? got nothing for winning the platinum league. :evil: That is how it should be?

Return to “Official announcements [en]”