New Arena Season

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Wiking44

New Arena Season

Post by Wiking44 »

Thought some of the unbalanced maps were being removed from this season of Arena?
Tisaac

Re: New Arena Season

Post by Tisaac »

Wiking44 wrote: 11 January 2023, 16:31 Thought some of the unbalanced maps were being removed from this season of Arena?
The forum post wasn't getting too much attention and consensus, no ? Maybe it's easier to wait for next season hoping to have more players and maybe more scenarios by then ?
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

Tisaac wrote: 11 January 2023, 16:46
Wiking44 wrote: 11 January 2023, 16:31 Thought some of the unbalanced maps were being removed from this season of Arena?
The forum post wasn't getting too much attention and consensus, no ? Maybe it's easier to wait for next season hoping to have more players and maybe more scenarios by then ?
Yeah - more scenarios might be good before we limit the pool.
But regarding the maps, are you collecting data on specific maps? It would be interesting to know if a map is constantly being "abandoned" or only played until you can concede without punishment.
I'd love to find a way to influence the "Gurus" of Memoir44 with facts, now that we DoW veterans can't get a say directly.
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

Tisaac wrote: 11 January 2023, 16:46
Too bad only a few of us take the time to improve the experience
Jeronimon

Post by Jeronimon »

MagnusNygaard wrote: 11 January 2023, 17:52 I'd love to find a way to influence the "Gurus" of Memoir44 with facts, now that we DoW veterans can't get a say directly.
Are you not a guru, Magnus?
I thought with the amount you played you would be a guru too.

But you can always whisper in my ear. 😁
Octothorpe

Post by Octothorpe »

Isn't this game inherently balanced by the playing of both sides?

If you want a truly balanced experience just have simultaneous turns with mirrored sides.

Let there be glory in playing out a lost position to its finest.
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

Octothorpe wrote: 12 January 2023, 04:41 Isn't this game inherently balanced by the playing of both sides?

If you want a truly balanced experience just have simultaneous turns with mirrored sides.

Like we have said before since Arena is a competitive format there should not be scenarios that can be won with having a certain card not giving the other player a chance, I have seen a player get 5 medals in one turn and win on the second turn
Thats why you will not see scenarios like that in tournaments.
You can play any scenario you want in Basic mode we are just asking to take the really bad scenarios out of the ARENA rotation
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

Wiking44 wrote: 12 January 2023, 06:16
Octothorpe wrote: 12 January 2023, 04:41 Isn't this game inherently balanced by the playing of both sides?

Like we have said before since Arena is a competitive format there should not be scenarios that can be won with having a certain card not giving the other player a chance, I have seen a player get 5 medals in one turn and win on the second turn
You can play any scenario you want in Basic mode we are just asking to take the really bad scenarios out of the ARENA rotation
But the definition of what a really bad scenario is was not agreed.

What you consider a really bad scenario may not be considered as such by other players.
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

Waikirikiri wrote: 12 January 2023, 06:24

I think most agreed on several and if we had to pick say just 3 or 4 I think most could agree

Think most of us agreed on several.. If we had to choose just 4 I think most players would find that an acceptable number

But the definition of what a really bad scenario is was not agreed.

What you consider a really bad scenario may not be considered as such by other players.
Seems that several scenarios came up on most players list so if we had to choose to remove 3 or 4 I don't think it would be hard and if like Magnus said we could add a few more that we know are solid scenarios even better
Octothorpe

Post by Octothorpe »

This explained it so much better. I can certainly see some scenarios being designed poorly.

Return to “Memoir 44”