Galactic HQ and wormhole technology.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Junesen

Galactic HQ and wormhole technology.

Post by Junesen »

I drew Galactic HQ and Wormhole technology on the same turn. I think I should be able to upgrade my ship to level 4 before my jumps of Wormhole. But the interface won't let me (I would pick on the HQ and it says pick a ship, when I pick a ship it would say "wormhole Technology: choose a destination to Jump").

Is this a bug or is this a feature?
turtler7

Re: Galactic HQ and wormhole technology.

Post by turtler7 »

There is a note somewhere that the developers were unable to easily match the real rules within the interface. They could with an extreme amount of efforts allow a process in progress to halt to do something else like HQ and then go back to what you were doing like resolving the tech immediate. This introduces a lot of issues with undo and with possible or real bugs. So the decision was to put out something that is good but not quite perfect,

The real rules in true beyond the sun you can absolutely use HQ before jumping away. BGA version judges it not as a bug but as a necessary concession to the constraints of the programming difficulties.
Orange Maxim

Re: Galactic HQ and wormhole technology.

Post by Orange Maxim »

Junesen wrote: 12 January 2023, 16:24 I drew Galactic HQ and Wormhole technology on the same turn. I think I should be able to upgrade my ship to level 4 before my jumps of Wormhole. But the interface won't let me (I would pick on the HQ and it says pick a ship, when I pick a ship it would say "wormhole Technology: choose a destination to Jump").

Is this a bug or is this a feature?

Return to “Beyond the Sun”