Reporting players who block - just why?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
dawnniecat

Re: Reporting players who block - just why?

Post by dawnniecat »

Rogue_Meeple wrote: 17 July 2023, 21:05 Just last night in ARENA, the quintessential two player / competitve format, I was called a jerk because I used blocking to try to win the game. My opponent had two 20+ routes and I had two single digit routes.

This sort of happened to me just now. Although my opponent didn't engage in any name calling but did lecture me on it and made me feel quite bad about it. My response is: then don't play in the Arena, or try to make where you are going more discreet.

I had only two single digit routes. And it was strategic to block.
embattled llama

Post by embattled llama »

There are players who block and players who don't. Blockers will nearly always beat those who don't block,. Personally I don't want to play like that so just give blockers a personal thumbs down and hope that means I won't encounter them again. I don't want to play that game, but wouldn't report them either as I can see its a game tactic. I do quit if I can see there's no way I can win as some players will literally spend the entire game blocking your every move.
AngieKou

Post by AngieKou »

embattled llama wrote: 22 July 2023, 07:25 There are players who block and players who don't. Blockers will nearly always beat those who don't block,. Personally I don't want to play like that so just give blockers a personal thumbs down and hope that means I won't encounter them again. I don't want to play that game, but wouldn't report them either as I can see its a game tactic. I do quit if I can see there's no way I can win as some players will literally spend the entire game blocking your every move.
THIS! I hate blocking and I don’t do it so I avoid players who do. That doesn’t mean you always lose though, I still have a decent win rate although I do not engage in blocking
menettm

Post by menettm »

When the blocking route contains the 2 cities of the destination tickets of the blocker, you can't condamn him to pose this route... :shock:

So you will give him a red thumb that he can't avoid. :roll:
Celieboo

Post by Celieboo »

thg0724 wrote: 13 January 2023, 06:22 I had an opponent get stuck in Seattle today. They drew new destinations and quit before making a choice. I found them playing another game a couple minutes later. If anything gets reported, it should be this behavior.
Why report them? Getting blocked on purpose socks. It takes the enjoyment out of the game.
Celieboo

Post by Celieboo »

embattled llama wrote: 22 July 2023, 07:25 There are players who block and players who don't. Blockers will nearly always beat those who don't block,. Personally I don't want to play like that so just give blockers a personal thumbs down and hope that means I won't encounter them again. I don't want to play that game, but wouldn't report them either as I can see its a game tactic. I do quit if I can see there's no way I can win as some players will literally spend the entire game blocking your every move.
same
Lucan 2

Post by Lucan 2 »

I totally understand. But I would say if you purposely block, that isn't nice. But if you have the same or similar routes, then you could talk about it in the chat. That way no one gets mad.
Lucan 2

Post by Lucan 2 »

AngieKou wrote: 22 July 2023, 14:39
THIS! I hate blocking and I don’t do it so I avoid players who do. That doesn’t mean you always lose though, I still have a decent win rate although I do not engage in blocking
That's great! I love that. That is the same way I am.
Ceaseless

Post by Ceaseless »

The people reporting blockers are just messed up in the head. These aren't reasonable or respectable people, at best they are just salty losers. I wouldn't put too much thought into it. They're just cheaters trying to penalize people for playing Ticket To Ride.
thg0724

Post by thg0724 »

Celieboo wrote: 02 April 2024, 06:59
thg0724 wrote: 13 January 2023, 06:22 I had an opponent get stuck in Seattle today. They drew new destinations and quit before making a choice. I found them playing another game a couple minutes later. If anything gets reported, it should be this behavior.
Why report them? Getting blocked on purpose socks. It takes the enjoyment out of the game.
Blocking is part of the game. It might be a part you don't enjoy but it is part of the game. Quitting is not part of the game and is against BGA terms. Against the terms means to me it is worthy of a report.

Return to “Ticket to Ride”