Help Get This Tutorial Live!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
TheBoardBaker

Help Get This Tutorial Live!

Post by TheBoardBaker »

I created a tutorial for Gizmo and I would love to get your feedback!
Please play through the entire tutorial, rate it well, and send me your feedback.
https://boardgamearena.com/tutorial?gam ... orial=1171

Thank you very much!
Fletcheese

Re: Help Get This Tutorial Live!

Post by Fletcheese »

This is a good starting point but a few additions that I would recommend:
  • There should be an example of using converters, not just a brief description of what they do
  • The last turn should be described in more detail i.e. current turn rotation is finished such that every player gets an equal number of turns
  • Should mention how tie breakers work
  • Explicitly make the distinction between "Pick" and "draw" for triggering gizmos as this is a common point of confusion
  • Some of the jumping forward feels a bit unexpected/awkward. Whenever actions are automatically performed this should be mentioned in dialogs
Thanks for putting this together!
D Cunha

Post by D Cunha »

Agreed! I'd also add:

- When we buy the upgrade, it was a little bit confusing to me why the card said "+2" research, and the dialog says we'll be able to get 3.
- I'm not sure if it is usual for tutorials to show examples of the end of the game, but I thought maybe you could show it. Your tutorial was my first time with this game, and I got out of it not feeling confident I knew exactly how the game ends. This could be just a "me" issue, but I thougth it was worth telling you.

Other than that, great tutorial! I finished it feeling overall confident I knew how to play the game. And your excitement showed up on the dialogs, wich made me want to play the game even more!

(Hope my feedback wasn't cofusing :lol: if so, feel free to ask me anything)
Thanks for your job!
TheBoardBaker

Post by TheBoardBaker »

Thank for all the great feedback! The tutorial has been updated based off of your suggestions.
redfractions

Post by redfractions »

Hi, the tutorial seems broken to me? It works fine up until the point when I have to build the Gizmo with 3 red energies, and clicking on the build button doesn't do anything, the tutorial is stuck there.
Capture d’écran 2023-09-09 210227.jpg
Capture d’écran 2023-09-09 210227.jpg (435.54 KiB) Viewed 410 times
StaciD2006

Post by StaciD2006 »

Something happened partway through this tutorial; it just sped through the play automatically and so fast I couldn't see what the turns were.

Return to “Gizmos”